Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maintainence Course
  • marknjw
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a maintenence course in Lancashire preferably East Lancashire. been biking for about 3 years now and I have always paid to have my maintainence done. It's starting to get a bit pricey and I wouldn't mind learning to do it myself.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark W.

stumpyjon

What sort of things do you want to learn? It is good to learn yourself, I've taught myself most things over the years and have built a hardtail from scratch, built up hydraulic brakes, serviced forks etc. Only a few things I haven't got the tools (or bottle to do).

Biggest issue I find is when stuff gets stuck getting in unstuck can sometimes be a real pain. However this is where regular maintenance comes in, worth removing pedals, BBs etc often to stop stuff seizing.

I'm currently strip and servicing a friends old hardtail, currently in lots of bits all over my work table in the garage.

I'm actually in East Lancs so if you can't find a sutiable course drop me a line (email in my profile) and I'll happily take you through what I know.

jam-bo

park website is a great resource for tutorials on how to do stuff.

it aint rocket science, good tools and patience and most stuff is pretty straightforward.

ElShalimo

My mate did this course and highly recommended it.
    It was up near Bolton

marknjw
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for getting back to me, but with the price of the components etc. I don't know if I have the bottle mucking it up. Will definately look at that website and thanks for giving me the info about that course at Bolton, I will definately look into it.

Thanks everyone,
    Mark W.

Cougar

where in east lancs are you, out of interest?

stumpyjon

I don't know if I have the bottle mucking it up.

That I can relate to and it's often confidence that hoilds most would be mechanics back. Having the right tools is also vital, a job with the right tool can take literally seconds, with the wrong tool it can be hours and costly. I now work on the basis I have a very good LBS who I know and can turn to if I do get stuck. So far not needed them 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maintainence Course’ is closed to new replies.