Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mail order – esp. in Scotland
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Just heard on the news that certain retailers are refusing some types of orders (can’t remember which (ParcelFarce is not accepting certain deliveries) and obviously lots of post is sitting in warehouses in central Scotland.

Bit of a bummer as I’ve just ordered many Xmas presents! 🙁

trailmonkey

Our latest update from the RM today stated that the backlog from the bad weather had been cleared for most of the UK except 3 areas of Scotland.

This was issued on the busiest postal day of the year so a new backlog will now build up based on postal volume not bad weather – which is likely to return this week.

We were receiving emails today from customers confirming receipt of goods posted around 23-26 November.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wish UPS would get my brakes to me! They’ve been sitting in a warehouse in Tamworth for 4 days now.

househusband

Tesco Entertainment had said they’re not going to deliver to us in Scotland, and concentrate on Englandshire orders. I’ve just started to receive stuff that was posted two weeks ago!

juan
    Free Member

Bit of a bummer as I’ve just ordered many Xmas presents!

Well next time you’ll buy in a proper shop.

trailmonkey

why is an internet shop not a proper shop ?

juan
    Free Member

Bit of a bummer as I’ve just ordered many Xmas presents!

househusband

Sorry but, ffs, do we really, REALLY, need to explain the difference between a ‘proper’ shop and ordering online…?

cynic-al
    Free Member

project – I posted first 😎

juan – Member

Mostly unavailable locally smart arse!

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh do shut up.

trailmonkey

Sorry but, ffs, do we really, REALLY, need to explain the difference between a ‘proper’ shop and ordering online…?

Well, i work in an online shop so I’m happy to be enlightened. Tell me, what is the difference ?

househusband

Are you not kinda dependent on the services of your carrier(s)? That’s where things, particularly in Scotland, have gone pear shaped over the last few weeks.

(But, yes, my point was aimed more at those on the other side of the coin – those working in retail bemoaning internet sales!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mail order – esp. in Scotland’ is closed to new replies.