Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mail in Yosemite
  • iolo
    Free Member

is there a way of forcing Mail to look for new messages?
    I sometimes get an email on my iphone 10 minutes before my computer.
    As I often need to add files its a lot easier to reply using the macbook.
    I seem to remember outlook has a send/receive button. Does Mail have a similar thing?If it does, i
    I’m buggered if I can find it.

zilog6128

Yes, it has a “Get Mail” button. The icon is an envelope. You might have deleted it off your toolbar. If so, right click on the toolbar and choose “customise” to put it back. If you don’t have a toolbar then show it via the View menu.

Alternatively you can select “Get New Mail” from the Mailbox menu, or use the shortcut Shift-Command-N

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Ha, I thought this was going to be a thread about sending mail to people’s tents in camp 4!

Drac

How often have you get Mail setup to check for new messages and is your phone set to push?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t know about you lot but I’ve had a whole load of problems with Mail recently.
    Damn if I close it then open it if the messages just don’t load. Have resorted to Force Quit and reopen on nearly every occasion since last “upgrade” or software..

🙄

stilltortoise
    Free Member

As bikebuoy, I’ve had problems particularly syncing my Gmail account through Mail on my iPhone, iMac and Macbook. iMac and iPhone are problem-free (touch wood) but Macbook can take an age to sync mail.

Apple make beautiful hardware but their ability to reliably do the simplest and most basic requirements of modern e-life is getting worse and worse.

iolo
    Free Member

I have no idea how often it checks. Where would I find that out?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Mail menu, Preferences, General tab. First place to look for any settings

Sandwich

bikebuoy We have problems with the server and clients at work. Messages going missing, accounts disappearing. The accounts thing looks like it was a NVRAM/PRAM thing on the client computer as it hasn’t yet re-appeared as an issue since a reset. (Ongoing monitoring though just in case).
    The word from our support bloke (used when I have no time or have exhausted myGoogle’s knowledge) is that a huge mail database (30+GB the boss won’t archive anything, just in case!) causes syncing problems.

the-muffin-man

Don’t know about you lot but I’ve had a whole load of problems with Mail recently.

Only problem I’ve had recently is with printing emails – Mail just locks up and I have to restart.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mail in Yosemite’ is closed to new replies.