Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Maguya Vyron elect wireless dropper ? Any experiences ?
  • weeksy

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/magura-vyron-elect-wireless-dropper-seatpost/rp-prod144485?gs=1&gclid=CjwKEAiA6rrBBRDsrLGM4uTPkWASJADnWZQ4QVzWRJ_X77bbOfqz-831WvYMKyYgZkWoYpqTvaEo7xoCNmTw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

It may be slight overkill to get rid of a dropper because i have some internal cable rattle on the headtube…

But still, it’s quite interesting for sure !

DrP

A friend has one.
    Hmm…I’m not overly impressed – there’s a half second delay, the buttons are hard to press, and I don’t think it’s a miracle improvement over my KS Lev.

I like the response of the cable lever – i push it – i know it’s pushed…I let go – I know it’s ‘off’..

I wouldn’t have one if i could have a cable.

DrP

deanfbm
    Free Member

I had one go saggy on me, this was about 6 months ago, promptly replaced, faultless since.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Mates try mine, get confused by the delay, you soon get used to it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t fancy the delay, I think it would annoy me. Then again I may be the only person who can forget to let go of the button on my reverb once it is where I want it 🙄

weeksy

Still debating this one, mostly because my dropper is internally routed and causes cable slap out on the trail… obviously this would completly negate any cable rattle issues…

Seems a little excessive though to remove a working post just because of a little rattling.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had a long term demo bike with one on it.

Great idea, sucks in reality.

The lever/button is literally, junk. It’s got 3 buttons, 2 of which are irrelevant & the actual remote button is the size of a small pea & almost impossible to press when moving.

The remote is also held on by what I assume is a Garmin style elastic band so wobble around everywhere.

There is also a slight delay in the post which makes it hard to know if its working or not.

In 2 or 3 versions time, it’s probably going to be amazing (with a proper remote). Right now? No way.

There is a wireless Reverb due in the new year…

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I have one but I paid less than that for it! I think Merlin were clearing some out when I picked mine up.

It works fine but the delay is a bit of an irritation still. Most annoying is trying to set it to an intermediate height, requiring some kind of hover-arse manoeuvre.

Still, worth it to be able to just switch it between bikes though. Means I can use a dropper on my cx bike.

Would be nice to have a more positive single switch and ditch the electric suspension buttons as well but you can get used to it.

weeksy

Mine will only fit 1 of my bikes, well, unless i use a 30.9 to 31.6 shim on the Parkwood i guess. But i don’t really need the dropper for anything other than the Whyte.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I use a shim with it on the PX XLS. No problem using a proper shim with a seat post anyway.

I’m not sure, if I only wanted it for one bike, if I would bother.

nixie

I have one and am quite happy with it. Delay is not an issue. You quickly adapt so I no longer notice it. The stock button is too small, this was easily rectified with a small blob of sugru and is now much better. I love how easy it is to move between bikes. It also has a low stack height compared to a reverb which could be the difference between a 150mm or 125mm drop post for some people.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Had mine for around six months now and it’s been faultless. I think I’ve only charged it twice!

After a few rides, the delay isn’t noticed anymore. I agree with the button thing. I’m even used to that now though (it could have been bigger).

My remote has never wobbled, it’s pretty secure. I don’t even remove it from the bars when the bike is on the roof. Cursed myself now though obviously! 😆

Best of all, it fits both my Bird Aeris and my Commencal Meta AM hard tail, so it’s paid for itself really 🙂

I just pop it on whichever bike I’ll be using.

StuE
    Free Member

First one of mine lasted less than 2 rides, replacement is fine, soon get used to the slight delay and I also modded the remote with Sugru.

widge34
    Free Member

I have one. The delay is not a problem and not overly noticeable. The button does need to be bigger though. I’ve painted mine white so it stands out from the other two buttons. I believe Magura are rectifying the button issue.

weeksy

Thanks for the info 🙂

weeksy

Eek. Now reduced to £250 at merlin. I may have 1 more try at getting rid of cable rattle first.

nixie

One more go would be to buy one and ditch the cables 😀

weeksy

Done

weeksy

The end of any cable rattle!

Ant+ remote dropper post.

Just charging up before installing but have tested and works.

Thanks all for the wisdom.

nixie

😀 enjoy. Don’t forget the lump of sugru on the button.

buckster
    Free Member

There is a wireless Reverb due in the new year…

Wirelsee you ssayyy

nixie

Found some info on the remote tweaks for a better button. See https://www.bikerumor.com/2016/11/23/dropper-post-roundup-comparing-crankbrothers-highline-magura-vyron-raceface-turbine-rockshox-reverb/

there is a picture of a sleeve in the Magura section

Trimix
    Free Member

@nixie – any pictures of your button mod, or any advice as to how big a blob to go for ?

Until of course that sleeve is available in the UK.

weeksy

I can wait a while for the sleeve thing 🙂

I’m not a massive user of the dropper anyway myself, usually only at trailcentres and it’s up or down, not up-down-up-down-up etc.

nixie

@Trimix, I’ll sort a picture later on when i finish changing the bars on that bike.

russyh
    Free Member

So long term reviews of the post? How are they holding up? I have broken my second reverb in almost as many months. I am bloody sick of them and the warranty claim is taking time due to Christmas closure. Trouble is I have no idea what to go for next as I want another 150 drop. But I want one that is reliable!

Trimix
    Free Member

Had mine for about 4-5 months – works fine.
    Ride about 3-4 times a week normally and use it every ride.
    Charged it once in that time.

nixie

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QkTzTS]IMG_20170104_192054736[/url] by nixie_me, on Flickr

Here’s the sugru mod. It’s not big, small pea sized.

Had mine 3 or 4 months and been fine so far. Only charged once in that time.

philjunior
    Free Member

Then again I may be the only person who can forget to let go of the button on my reverb once it is where I want it

Err, no you’re not…

Trimix
    Free Member

Cheers Nixie, I shall do the same to mine, until that sleeve thing is available.

There have been a couple of times when wearing long finger gloves that I’ve missed the small button and gone over a drop saddle up !

weeksy

Must admit, it’s a bit weird having the pause, but not a major issue. I had the button too far from my thumb so have moved it closer now.

Very happy though, works really well

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I’ve been through three in 8 months Inc one pre prod. Have to admit, I found it the most hateful thing I’ve ever put on a bike. Unreliable, rubbish remote and I never found the delay/predefined length of time the port is open anything other than frustrating… lent them to a couple of mates in that time who found the same. No longer on any bikes of mine!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Err, I realise in the grand scheme of things, my last post was pretty unhelpful – sorry!

weeksy

Not at all, all info good and bad is welcome.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Maguya Vyron elect wireless dropper ? Any experiences ?’ is closed to new replies.