Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Magura Wotan-Show ME!
  • WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Hi,

After falling foul to the dreaded Fox Forx stanchion wear I have decided to ditch say goodbye to Fox Forx for good, especially with the recent price hike 😕

Anyone here used the Magura Wotan? Seem like a good spec fork, slightly heavier than Fox but probably on a parr in performance (going by reviews). Service interval for ‘normal use’………once a year!! 🙂

Anyhooo, any experiences / comments on them would be helpful before my flexible friend gets a pounding.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Got mine SH off here taking my time to set them up but they are very nice.

They also look nice on the bike even without stickers.

Gary_C

Carefully check the post mounts for cracks…

I had a Wotan that cracked on the post mounts,the lowers were replaced,& the replacements cracked too.

knott4me
    Free Member

knott4me
    Free Member

gary_c you must of overtightned them mate

loddrik
    Free Member

Stiff but heavy, too heavy for me so changed to Maverick DUC’s…

forgotmename
    Free Member

Hello WFL, upsides are you get all your travel, albert select and flightcontrol are very useable, i used them both on most rides, travel is plush once they have been ridden a few miles off road, very stiff. Downsides are toppin out on rebound {until fettled with by magura}, albert select is not that plush, its a bit notchy, Paint isnt as good as fox or rockshox. also the cable gets shitty pretty quick on the flight control and the dial the cable turns needs to be cleaned after a wet ride or it gets stuck on the rebound. Apart from that they weigh an incy bit more.
    Do you want to buy some? Got them back from magura after full service 3 mnths ago, and they are still sitting in the loo. They are in pretty good nick, apart from a large scratch on a lower leg. Got them in june had 3 weeks in chamonix, few trips to peaks n wales. Service cost £60, id like £360 plus postage.

I_Ache
    Free Member

knot4me is that the DT EX200 shock? How does it perform? Its one of the few shocks that will fit my frame. Does it have a lockout?

Sorry for hijack.

Gary_C

knott4me:Overtightened? I very much doubt it.In fact,there was no tightening torques quoted anywhere in the magura manual,(2006),it just said “fit the brake according to the manufacturers instructions”.
    The brakes I fitted are Hope mono m4,203mm rotor,small amount of blue loctite on the fixing bolts,(standard length bolts supplied with the brake),& just nipped up.
    When the cracks appeared,my lbs & I came to the conclusion that the bolts weren’t long enough,i.e.once they had passed through the thickness of the caliper,(direct fit to the post,no adaptor required),there wasn’t sufficient thread length going into the post,so with the braking force trying to rotate the caliper forwards,in efect pulling the post mounts upwards,caused the cracking.
    When the forks returned from Magura,longer bolts were fitted,but 4 months later…..cracked again!
    Oh,the above was just one example of a long list of problems I suffered with these forks.

knott4me
    Free Member

it is a dt hvr-200.it is simply awesome .very reliable & working with the knuckle box its superb.

molgrips
    Free Member

I really want that Thor fork 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Magura Wotan-Show ME!’ is closed to new replies.