Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Magura Thor Setup Q?
  • mactheknife

So had a set of 2012 fitted today on my 5spot and just wondering:

Do you find it best to turn the Albert Select off for techy descents or will it just blow through if you leave it on.

I like a firmer setup so will defo have it on most of the time, but i have a habit of remembering to change dials etc after i should have ie, at the bottom of the hill.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Possibly not much help – but I liked mine (2010 model) set up quite linear so I never really used the Albert Select, but it does work well. You need to adjust the gold dial to give the degree of compression damping required – from not much through to lock-out. One reason I nver used it much was that it always seemed to result in a sort of rubber on rubber squeak (ooh-er) top-out. Good fork though.
    Edit – to answer your question, it’s more likely to blow through the travel if your don’t use AS.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

On my 2010 thors I usually have some LSC (albert select) on otherwise I get a bit too much brake dive, not much thou, usually a few clicks. But from what I have read the 2012 models have a less linear spring rate so will proably ramp up a bit earlier than the older models.

mactheknife

Cool, cheers for that. heading out today for a short blast so ill see how i find them 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Magura Thor Setup Q?’ is closed to new replies.