Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Magura Thor and Magura Louise Query
  • giantjason
    Free Member

I took advantage of the deal at On-One and got myself some Thors. My old fork was a set of Fox 32.

i have Magura Louise brakes with a 203mm rotor up front. I am using this post-mount adapter which should fit. However when i fit it as shown in the pics with the white lettering facing outwards the rotor doesn't fit in the caliper and rubs. The only way around this is to use loads of washers to space the caliper off the mount. Even doing this it doesn't exactly line up and i am not getting maximum breaking coverage.

And yes i have measured the rotor to check it is 203mm and not 210mm.

Any ideas?

khani
    Free Member

thors run a 7inch post mount, ie' without adapters, not a standard 6inch p/mount like most others,
    maybe thats got something to do with it

JimB
    Free Member

You need something like this. Although it says it's a 183mm adaptor, that's for a 'normal' 160mm post mount to 183mm. It'll take the 180mm post mount on the Thor to 203mm.

br
    Free Member

Magura sell a specific mount to enable 203's to be run, not sure if it is different to the normal +20mm ones…

But I do have one, so I'll check.

LeeW

You're going to need a 7" PM adaptor, your Fox forks have a 6" PM.

giantjason
    Free Member

after reading the replies above and doing some research it appears that Magura sell a specific 203mm adaptor called a QM26.

Does anyone have one that they no longer need?

BruceM
    Free Member

I have a brand new one just delivered 2 days ago, its was a special order item from winstanley cycles. Cost me just over £13.00. I was planning on using it on some Thors but ended up with Wotans, so its now extra to requirements. I would sell it for £12.00 posted.

Alternatively give winstanley cycles a call, they where very helpful, but it did take a good 3 weeks for it to arrive.

BruceM
    Free Member

just checked and, Winstanley appear to have them on their site, although says no stock.

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/30885/Magura_QM26_Post_Mount_Adaptor

giantjason
    Free Member

bruceM – yes i will take it for £12.

Can you let me know how you want paid please.

BruceM
    Free Member

GiantJason, can i have your e-mail?

Paypal is my preferred method, but could do bank transfer.

giantjason
    Free Member

BrucM – my email is jsrwalker AT googlemail.com

i can do paypal. send me through your details via email please

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Magura Thor and Magura Louise Query’ is closed to new replies.