Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Magura Thor 2010 – any thoughts or better experiences?
  • Vortexracing

Very good price at on-one and they are nice and light.

I know the 2009 are prone to being a bit too linear.

is the damping better in the 2010?

Will replace a set of pushed Pikes, but don't want to do it if the damping is not as good as the Pikes.

Oh and can they be set anywhere between 140mm and 100mm or is it just those two positions?

cheers

Dave

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I can't compare them with 2009 models or many other forks but they're much better than my RC40s – although the spring was a bit too hard for my weight on those. I'm 11 stone and I'm running them with no damping switched on at the moment – absolutely fine. Uber plush and look the dog's, which is of course the main consideration….

I don't thionk you can set them between 100 and 140 but I haven't tried. It wouldn't be very precise if you can, because you just push the lever and press down for the reduced travel and the reverse for full travel.

Having had forks where you can adjust by 3mm increments I only ever wanted max or minimum travel anyway so it's not an issue for me.

Vortexracing

anybody else?

(shameless bump)

johnduke
    Free Member

write up in the latest St mag was very positive, sounds like they've sorted any issues with the '09 version

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I couldn't find much bad about then on tinterweb other than they can be fiddly to set up. As I love all that messing around, I'd be in my element.

Stiff accurate tracking things apparently cos of the ugly double arch (that can gather mud and let it sit next to the seals)

2010's are improved over the 2009 versions from what I can gather and at £400 in On One, they're bargaintastic.

I think they are either 100mm or 140mm though, nowt in between, but I could be wrong.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I've just fitted a set of '09s and think they're fab (once I found the correct air pressure)
    Anyone got any suggestions how to change the travel if the remote lever is removed? the cable seems to be a little bunged up already, and the lever is a bit sticky-outy. The twisty top cap doesn't have any features to grip onto.

nickc

I have the 09 versions and TBH, they're fine, once you've got them dialed in right. The remote travel reducer is a PITA TBH (and a bit shite for a £600 fork) so I've taken mine off, If I want reduced travel, I take the compression damping off, and it goes all squishy for climbing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Magura Thor 2010 – any thoughts or better experiences?’ is closed to new replies.