Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Magura Rim Brakes
  • rootes1
    bencooper
    Free Member

Low to zero maintenance, very powerful, can change pads with no tools, light.

wwaswas

relatively cheap, more effective than v’s, fine for use on road/cyclepaths, low maintenance and allow ‘odd’ cable routing.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Ridiculous EU subsidies have led to a hydraulic rim brake mountain?

tinsy
    Free Member

I dont know, but I want a pair if anyone has some cheap.

ajantom

I still use them on my SS – in the dry they are as good as discs, and easier to maintain. Once set up properly they hardly need to be touched.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I noticed this too; as to why? Dunno- confused!! Can they be lower maintenance than V brakes?

wwaswas

Can they be lower maintenance than V brakes?

yes, as above, change pads without tools when they wear out but the rest will last the life of the bike with no maintenance.

rootes1

seems perhaps best all roudn compromise option for these bikes.. had my eye on a TX-800

ac282

As above, like a very good set of V’s but with less maintnetance than discs.

They aren’t light though.

sbob
    Free Member

I love ’em.
    Linear pad movement unlike Vs or cantis, with the exception of bleeding you don’t need any tools once they are set up; there’s a thumb wheel for pad adjustment (to compensate wear) and the pads just pull on and off.
    Power and feel are awesome, the calipers are effectively working on a 26″ rotor.
    If rain/mud was not an issue I would have these over discs every time.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Lordy, that Rose Activia Pro is a seriously nice bike. Me likey, me want. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve been looking mate. I’m impressed. The Activia Pro 2 has 11sp Alfine, dynamo lights and hydraulic discs. It’s pretty much perfect for what I need – Touring towing a trailer, commuting, leisure riding, shopping with the trailer.

I’m seriously toying with having a big bike swap about and getting one of those.

rootes1

Pete,

I think I still pefer the VSF TX-800 to the Rose bikes, though Rose look neat.

Si

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

The Activia Pro 2 has 11sp Alfine, dynamo lights and…

Just a shame it sounds like a yoghurt.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL!!! 😆

leffeboy

If youncan’t fit disks they are the next best option

rootes1

If youncan’t fit disks they are the next best option

Yer odd for the Rose bikes they fit discs to their lower spec less expeditiony bikers but maguras on the exped bikes.

mugsys_m8

discs get bent.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes. And so do wheels, a LOT easier than discs do being as you ride on them….! 🙂

Personally I’ve bent at least slightly pretty much every wheel I’ve ever used, but I’ve never bent a disc

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Personally I’ve bent at least slightly pretty much every wheel I’ve ever used, but I’ve never bent a disc

yes, but is this also true for normal sized people?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Magura Rim Brakes’ is closed to new replies.