Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Magura Odur – opinions please
  • Earl
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a set of these in 100mm form for general trail riding. Tell us what you think.
    Also Magura.com doesn't list a 2010 model. Anyone know if it has been dropped?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i had an 08 version whch i was really quite happy with. nice action, useable lock out. not particularly light, but meh….
    look nice too, in a kinda looks more expensive than it is way.
    certainly an option when matched against MX comps and recons etc.

Earl
    Free Member

hm – I'm around 200lb – do you think the std spring will handle that?

coolfurcats
    Free Member

These forks seem to be OK for the money. The double arch design seems to be pretty stiff, I've not seen any bad or hate letters in the net about them. If these forks float your boat then I'd say go for it! Hypno Toad say's "BUYIT! BUYIT! BUYIT!" 😯

avdave2

At 200lb you should be fine. I'm 60kg and even with the soft spring I can't get more than 60mm out of my 85's. Most of the time I'm getting around 50mm of travel. But they do that well and I've never serviced them and I use them for off road commuting all year round. I doubt you'll find a better fit and forget option at any price. I like the way they ride, they pretty much feel to me like riding with my rigid forks but without the pain.

Earl
    Free Member

Thanks. Just found out they have been cut for 2010. Wonder why.

avdave2

They've probably realised the folly of making something you'll probably never need to replace.

solar
    Free Member

I've also been using these for commuting and trail riding. Fit and forget, been impressed so far. I'm on a medium spring, weigh 72kg.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Magura Odur – opinions please’ is closed to new replies.