Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Magura Julie hp or other cheaper disc brakes?
  • gamo
    Free Member

anybody got or tried these yet? putting together a cheaper commuter/winter bike
    and really like the louise's that i already have on current bikes so wondering
    how good the julies are? if not anything else at a similiar price(only used hope
    then magura for the last ten years).
    Ta.

grumm
    Free Member

Avid BB7s are pretty damn good – put some on my gf's bike.

grievoustim
    Free Member

julies are ok – I have some on my SS and they work fine (pads seem to last for ever), feel a bit plastiky and cheap

but

If you shop around you can get something much nicer for not a lot more

have a look at Merlin – they often have bargain OEM brakes. I have had a set of Formula Oros and a set of Shimano SLX from there for not alot. And they are much nicer brakes than Julies

stumpy01

I had Julies on my bike for ages & they were pretty good.

BB7s are meant to be good too. Her indoors has them on her Myka Sport & reckons they are fine once set-up properly (which the shop didn't do!)

Chain reaction had Hayes FX-9s for £37 each a while back. A mate bought one & it's a fantastic brake for the money!

peachos
    Free Member

recently got a full set of HFX-9's for £100. including everything you need (rotors, mounts, lever & caliper etc). the CRC deal was good but still had to add bits and it worked out more by the time you got all the bits n pieces.

great brake IMO – got em on both bikes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Magura Julie hp or other cheaper disc brakes?’ is closed to new replies.