Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Magura HS 33's (nostalgic thread)
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Anyone got some pics of the HS 33’s on a current or previous bike? I had them on one of mine around year 2000 or so, loved them! The bright yellow ones were the best IMO.
    😀

CHB

I have some 2000 Olympic special edition ones on wifeys bike! Might sell them while the Olympics euphoria exists!

Andy-R

michaelmcc – Member
    Anyone got some pics of the HS 33’s on a current or previous bike? The bright yellow ones were the best IMO.

Racelines!! – I have some on my ’88 Explosif. I’ll take a piccy or two tomorrow…

andeh

I had a pink set, complete with matching arch, on my trials bike for years. No pics though 🙁

On of my mates used to swear by bleeding his with water. I still recall being sat outside the Tesco in Doncaster, in deep mid-winter, as he tried to thaw his frozen master cylinder with a cigarette lighter. What times they were! 8)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had a set of silver ones. Still got them kicking about somewhere. They were great for trials riding but a pain in the arse to set up.

gnusmas

I too had the racelines on my HT a few years ago before moving to discs, have now got a set on there again for road use, white ones with white arches – brilliant (even if slight overkill for the road)!!!

Will get some pics tomorrow also.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Had some old frogs then stolen :(:(:(:(
    Best brakes ever, better than Julies!!!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

On of my mates used to swear by bleeding his with water. I still recall being sat outside the Tesco in Doncaster, in deep mid-winter, as he tried to thaw his frozen master cylinder with a cigarette lighter. What times they were

😆

qwerty
    Free Member

I used a set without the braces for years, had a Ti fork, the flex in the fork legs was impressive.

fadda

I have ONE, on the rear of a Kona Kula…

JoeG
    Free Member

You do know that Magura still makes them, don’t you? Trials riders use them a lot.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I have a set on the back of my 96 Explosif. Great brakes once set up and in place. Used to have on the front end as well(old Matzocchi Z2)but now I am running a Fox100mm float I am using a disk brake on the front.

fenlanddavid
    Free Member

they are the best brakes for trials by far! had some yellow racelines on my orange zero, used to tar the rims too 😀

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Don’t want to derail my own thread, but what makes them so good for trials?

trevron73
    Free Member

Got some on the “beast of the east ” i love em ,its my second beast ,bugger to set up but when set BOOM

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

The biteness of them and feel on the lever makes them ideal for trials.

eyerideit
    Free Member

If anyone’s selling I set, drop me a line.

Emailm in profile.

Thanks

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

They still sell them new eyerit.
    worth every penny.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Quite fancy some yellow racelines on my 93 kona explosif,

I’m trying to do it on a budget as mrs eye is less likely to notice (hopefully)

Andy-R

Here you go…..Race Lines on 1988 Explosif 8)

D0NK

got some in the cupboard none of my current frames have brake bosses. Only got them a few years ago not thrilled by them tbh, decent braking and feel but soon as you use the the pad wear adjustment they go wonky, ah well.

mmannerr

Nostalgic, ha! I was just bleeding a set of original HS33’s which are at least 7-8 years old. They are on my son’s bike, having been on my wife’s bike before that.
    One piston was sticking on the rear brake, so decided to try bleeding. Oil inside was grey sludge and now they seem to be working bit better.

Nice brakes which rarely need maintenance but I still hate installing them, most complicated mounting hardware ever.

ChrisI

I loved my old Racelines. Had them on an Orange Air-O with some massive replacement carbon brace (forget who made it now).

Always loved the reaction of mates trying them out and launching themselves over the bars 😀

Given my age when I had them, I will always consider them the best brakes ever. Even if modern discs are better, they cant touch my old HS33s!

thomthumb
    Free Member

had racelines; i hated the yellow but they were £15 cheaper; a lot as a teenager.

best brakes for trials. no question.

4 bolt set up were really easy to adjust it was the canti adapters which were pants.

xiphon
    Free Member

Had some luminous yellow brakes in my trials days – complete with tar on the rims 🙂

andeh

I’ve got an old D521 kicking about somewhere which is still caked in tar :/

chriswilk
    Free Member

got a set of red ones in the garage, not sure exactly what model, but could be up for selling them at the right price. Was keeping them for one of the kids but they have disks now. At least one set (*4) of new green pads too

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Magura HS 33's (nostalgic thread)’ is closed to new replies.