Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Magura customer service? any such thing?
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone had any experience with magura customer service? I emailed them last Wednesday via their Web form re a bushing for my brake lever which has vanished. I got an auto reply shortly after, then nothing, emailed them, complete with a forward of my form proper on Friday and an image showing the offending article and still nothing.

jonk

You have no chance of getting spares for Magura brakes. They are in the same world as Shimano!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’d a horrible feeling that was going to be the case

joolsburger
    Free Member
    rolkin
    Free Member

if no luck, try contacting zyro. they are magura’s uk distributer – and pretty good to deal with.

good luck.

euans2
    Free Member

http://www.support-english.magura.com/

Look for Racemechanic, he runs Magura Spares, I had an issue with my MT4 brakes and he sorted them under warranty

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I broke a shroud bolt on a brake leaver well bellow the torque stated on the bolt. Sent them numerous e-mails about this and had nothing back. Ended up having to go to a third party and couldn’t buy a single replacement bolt but had to buy 10 at some ridiculous price. If you have a moan on their Facebook page it tends to get a response but just a fob off, still it made me feel better. Vowed never to buy Magura again on principle. Petty I know but they just pi**ed me off.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Mensa 130’s serviced via Racemechanic couple of years ago. Pleasure to deal with.

oxym0r0n

+1 Mike at racemechanic – normally very good to deal with

mcnultycop

Maguraspsres as above have answered my emails quickly.

I have some Magura MT4 and MT2 for sale if that helps?

Andy-R

If it’s the delrin bushing for Mk1 Marta’s you’re after then you’re out of luck, as they’re not available any more.
    Best option is to get somebody with a lathe to run a few off.

oxym0r0n

I have a few spares for mk 1 Martas btw if that is what you are looking for?

br
    Free Member

Sent them numerous e-mails about this and had nothing back.

So two OP’s complaining about emails not been answered, every thought of ringing them up…, Modern Generation eh? 🙄

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Magura spares is a good shout,the trouble being that I can’t find a listing for the bushings. It’s a lender bushing for an mt6, the main lever pivot bushings I can find but the one which appears to have vanished is the one round the plunger (wrong word i’m sure) for the matter cylinders, might be a wholenew lever to relaxed the bushing – I hope not – but if that’s the case I can’t find a spare mt 6 lever listed any where but crcm4mp6dmx who don’t have them. All I’ve asked for from magura is a what do I need to buy/where.

Regards phoning them all well and good but my German isn’t so hot and since I don’t know what I need I’d struggle in English as I can’t speak the photo I emailed.

Also striped a shroud bolt, it seems the threads are too long, the problem being a torx bottoms out way before hitting torque spec then slowly drives your bit towards the top on the bolt where it promptly gets no purchase and strips the edges of the bolt head. Poor design/qa imho.

Presently in improvising my bushing with cardboard and ptfe tape I just don’t imagine it will hold.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

http://www.racemechanic.co.uk/ is in the UK and Mike knows his way around the products – I’m sure he’ll be able to help.

If you do have to speak to Magura in Germany they also have English speaking staff – Drew used to the main customer services contact.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Super thank you for the pointers folks. I’ll see where I get with the above.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

More promising response time once I had a name to email. Drew responded saying is a warranty job by the sounds of it so onto zyro now… Thanks for the pointers folks.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Magura customer service? any such thing?’ is closed to new replies.