Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Magura bleeding question…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Can I bleed maguras using just two syringes? I have both but have lost the screw in hose that connects to the caliper.

loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone…?

billyboy
    Free Member

In my limited experience Maguras do not conform to reason. If you bleed them you need to keep at it, because the first go will leave you nowhere. Keep going and repeating and eventually for no reason I could appreciate, they will come good.

Acorn
    Free Member

I’ve bled mine a few times (Louise & MT2) but always with the screw in fitting. I guess if the syringe at the caliper fitted tightly enough in the hole, it might work (PTFE tape round the nozzle of the syringe might give a good seal?).

Good luck!

JoeG
    Free Member

I have the original version of the Marta brakes, and they really only need one syringe. There is no bleed port on the master cylinder, so you remove the cover.

The syringe is put on the caliper, and mineral oil pushed through until the master cylinder reservoir is full and no more air is coming out of the line. A second syringe is useful for sucking air bubbles out of the master cylinder, but not really required.

I haven’t had to bleed mine in 2 years+…

wwaswas

Possibly…

If you can jam the end of the syringe in the threaded hole enough to make it air tight you may get a way with it.

I’d make sure that the caliper is higher than the hose and master cylinder when removing the syringe to keep the fluid in, too.

sok

I’ve tried it and struggled. I’m sure it’s possible, I jut couldn’t get it to stay on without the screw bit. I ended up buying one and wished I’d done it ages before, not worth the hassle of trying without.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tried and failed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Magura bleeding question…’ is closed to new replies.