Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magicshine wide angle lights
  • Raindog
    Free Member

Anyone tried these ? If so, what’s your opinion please ?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i love mine but you need to get a better clamp as the lights wiggle around a bit

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Yep – I’ve got one. The real USP is the remote switch. Like on a motorbike – high low beam. Great for commuting and towpaths etc not to blind folk. I’d still use mine for that.

Light wise they are slightly better than the original bastid. With a broader beam on full tilt.

Now for the down sides: that price is really really expensive. I paid around £60 1 or 2 years ago and it should be cheaper now.
    Also the head unit is too heavy for its mounts. You will (inevitably imo) modify it to have a sturdier mount. Though this is easy enough and cheap enough though.

A much better bet imo are : for throw – an XML light (like smudge sells) for less £ : or for flood – a 4x (or a 3x) XPG for around the same cash.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Got one of these:

http://www.magicshine.com/product_view.asp?id=87

Paid £110 for uk stock including a 6 cell battery and charger! Can’t find any on ebay today…

Will try it out Thursday, my mate has one and that’s what convinced me! His is ace! Bright as anything (on 75%) and a superb wide spread! He says it negates the need for a helmet light.. I will wait to see on that one, I like looking round corners!

Edit: ps had to modify the clamp as it was a bit big and tall 😯

timc
    Free Member

Interesting to see how that one goes clderinsport!!

audiophile
    Free Member

Great lights, terrible mounts. Wide angle will be good as you’ll still have some vision when it’s shining on your front tyre through the bumpy bits. Anyone come up with a good mod to sort this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magicshine wide angle lights’ is closed to new replies.