Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Madison & Shimano Stock
  • variflex
    Free Member

Unfortunately Ive been failed by Madison again, second time in 3 months.

My LBS have been fantastic, but when the UK distributor doesnt have stock what can they do.

Earlier in the summer my frame failed and destroyed a very nice (and expensive) XTR Shadow Plus rear mech. I had to wait over a month, for madison to get stock. Yes I could have tried other places on the internet, but my LBS were sorting everything else for me, so why should I have to go elsewhere. So I forked out for a spare XT rear mech whilst I waited for a new XTR one to come into stock so I could keep using my full sus bike.

Then last week, a pretty new rear XT brake failed and needs to be replaced under warranty. Again, no stock until end of month.

I know holding huge amounts of stock is costly, but when you are a main distributor, I would have expected better. Now I have a bike sitting around and unusable. Luckily I have a spare, but not everyone has that luxury.

minor rant over 🙂

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

You’re quite right and you’ve been very patient and reasonable in your arguements.

Hence I predict this will not be a very long thread.

wwaswas

unfortunately, your contract is with lbs.

you could equally ask why they don’t stock enough spares to support the bikes that they sell?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of the great benefits of these shimano brakes repairable

druidh
    Free Member

It’s possible/likely that Madison can’t get as much as stock as they’d like from Shimano given that they have to “compete” with other distributors worldwide for available parts.

variflex
    Free Member

It’s possible/likely that Madison can’t get as much as stock as they’d like from Shimano given that they have to “compete” with other distributors worldwide for available parts.

Good point. Just thought I would give people the heads up so they know what to expect at the moment.

coatesy
    Free Member

Could also be the after effects of the major disaster that befell Japan a year or so ago, it takes a long time for a country’s industry to recover from destruction like that.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I also put money on the stuff that is comming into Madison will be the new 2013 stuff, a lot of 2013 stuff have been in the press and dates set for late this year etc, so Madison prob have run down stock of 2012 stuff making room for 2013 kit and not getting cought out with old 2012 stock.
    Also a above Madison is not the only company who is after the parts, (don’t forget the bike companys as well who building up their new 2013 bikes etc)

Macavity
    Free Member

These people claim to be “Shimano’s largest spare parts distribution center in Europe”.
    http://www.thalinger-lange.com/

http://www.bike-eu.com/Home/General/2012/9/Shimano-No-Rise-in-Lead-Times-1060944W/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Madison & Shimano Stock’ is closed to new replies.