Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Madeline Mc Cann
  • iolo
    Free Member

It was indeed sad when she disappeared.
    It’s still sad today.
    Police are looking at going to dig 3 areas in the Algarve.
    I just wonder if the police would care so much if the parents were underemployed and came from a rough council estate.
    There are so many other missing kids. Not all have blonde hair and have doctors for parents.
    Maybe the government should help them too.

http://missingkids.co.uk/

allthepies
    Free Member

There are so many other missing kids

How many approximately ?

Edit: 123 from the website you linked to. Lots of them seem to be teenagers, tragic but they have some chance of looking after themselves. Not so for a three year old.

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe the government should help them too.

Even the ginger ones?

totalshell

how many other kids went missing whilst thier parents were enjoying a night out and the kids were left home alone..

globalti
    Free Member

Agreed there are thousands of missing kids, not to mention the girls abducted in Nigeria and all over the world. However there’s a strong feeling that this case is the tip of a huge iceberg of organised abductions in Europe and if this can be cracked, a whole lot of others can be solved as well.

stumpyjon

Like so many things in life, if it gets into the media things happen if it doesn’t you’re on your own. We don’t live in a fair country, things would be very different if we did (and I’m not talking about redistribution of wealth fair, I’m talking about all being treated the same by the state fair).

binners

You’re wrong, I’m afraid. You’re being far too cynical. The authorities would be fully supportive of all families regardless.

So if a couple on benefits were to leave their small (probably semi-feral) child in their council house while they went for a few WKD blue’s, and a game or 2 of pool, at their flat-roofed local, they would receive sympathetic media coverage from the Daily Mail, probably a campaign of some kind, and the full support of the authorities

wwaswas

However there’s a strong feeling that this case is the tip of a huge iceberg of organised abductions in Europe

who’s strong feeling? Not the police’s or they wouldn’t be digging up the Algarve?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yawn… This hasn’t been discussed before…

If they’d been asleep in the room next door I may have felt some sympathy for them but I don’t. Not one little bit (speaking as the father of a 1 year old and 4 year old who I’d not let out of my sight, let alone leave alone whilst I went for a meal somewhere).

I think the lesson to be learned from all this is that if you’re going to kidnap a child, don’t pick a pretty little blonde girl, or you’ll never hear the last of it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This thread can only go one way.

andytherocketeer

there was that council house family in Yorkshire or somewhere that tried the media thing. I was convinced they were trying to get the public sympathy, and for someone to set up a multi-million GBP donations fund like the McCanns managed (and used). They got found out after about 3 days. Think they’re banged up with the kids in care.

Can always tell when it’s May, cos something happens in the Madeleine story. Not sure how much the McCanns media spokesperson earns.

DezB
    Free Member

This thread can only go one way.

The same way it went the 37 other times it was discussed?

Especially this: I just wonder if the police would care so much if the parents were underemployed and came from a rough council estate.
    I mean, no offence iolo, but go through the forum history, there’ll be plenty of points of view on this.

kimbers

globalti – Member
    However there’s a strong feeling that this case is the tip of a huge iceberg of organised abductions in Europe and if this can be cracked, a whole lot of others can be solved as well.

wtf are you on about? if you have any proof about this shadowy paedo ring of epic proportions id genuinely like to hear more

hora
    Free Member

The McCann’s were slaughtered over that night. Fair play to them for constantly and tirelessly trying to find their daughter.

YES they made a massive mistake on holiday. Growing up I was left to run wild in the woods and wandered upto 12miles once before I was 8. This was common place in the late 70’s/80’s I bet.

Re the Council estate analogy. Do you think they would tirelessly campaign like the McCann’s did/do? Who knows.

binners

No Hora. People who live on council estates just don’t understand love and nurture like people with mortgages and company cars. Its an established and unarguable fact. Its their fecklessness, you see

hora
    Free Member

I said who know’s.

shermer75
    Free Member

Whenever I try the ‘see all missing children’ link on the above website, I get a ‘page not found’ message. Life can be so cruel

convert

If they’d been asleep in the room next door I may have felt some sympathy for them but I don’t. Not one little bit (speaking as the father of a 1 year old and 4 year old who I’d not let out of my sight, let alone leave alone whilst I went for a meal somewhere).

A bit harsh – true they were left alone but it was not like they went out of the resort and into town – they were just the other side of the pool. 30 odd metres.

I went to a resort quite similar to this last year (Neilson not Mark Warner but same idea) and it seems to still be quite common practise although admittedly most of the parents I saw doing it had a baby monitor with them. I’m guessing the McCann’s didn’t but not sure.

binners

Well I can imagine the ‘support’ they’d get from certain middle-market tabloids, who have been the cheerleaders for the McCanns

taxi25
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the abduction of any body’s 3 yr old daughter would spark a massive police response.
    The main reason it’s still in the public eye is as mentioned above the McCanns tireless campaigning to keep it there.

jimification
    Free Member

Far too much money spent on trying to find one person.

hora
    Free Member

Far too much money spent on trying to find one person.

I’d rather they spent a billion to catch the person than ‘well we could spend it on a new computer system for the NHS’.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Miley Cyrus did it, she’a a lizard

cb

Hora nailed it (with his first post for clarification, sure he’ll say something ‘odd’ at some stage in this thread to spoil that).

There should be no limit to the money spent trying to find this kid, her parents were self centred gits for a night (may have been habitual for all I know) but the kid deserves the best we can offer as a civilised nation. Even if that means finding remains, which seems most likely.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

iola – shut up you insensitive ****. If it were my kid, and i am nowhere near posh, then i would be demanding the same!

iolo
    Free Member

I mean, no offence iolo, but go through the forum history, there’ll be plenty of points of view on this.

But in the news this morning one of the main headlines is this story. Again.

hora
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the parents, tormented with ‘its their fault’, tormented by others and then tormented by whats happened to her. She was their eldest, their first?

It’ll torment them to their grave. Thats not right.

iolo
    Free Member

Rob, they would look for your kid for maybe 3 months then give up.
    I’m sure you are a fantastic dad.

craigxxl
    Free Member

It’s no less than what they have done for missing Ben Needham over the years and I don’t his parents were well off. Not that should make any difference.
    Maybe if the local police had done a better job to begin with the UK police forces wouldn’t need to investigate any further.

rocketman
    Free Member

there was that council house family in Yorkshire or somewhere that tried the media thing

That would be the Kidnapping of Shannon Matthews

atlaz
    Free Member

It’ll torment them to their grave. Thats not right.

You know what, that’s what being a human being is all about. You make a decision and you get to live with the repercussions be they good or bad.

hora
    Free Member

Are Doctors ‘rich’ now? I thought Doctors were bloody hardworking and for what they have to deal with (if a GP)- wall to wall germs all day long, infections, rude patients etc. For 60k a year I can think of better jobs no?

binners

You could be an MP for that. You’d make a really good one, I reckon

atlaz
    Free Member

Given their household income is twice the national average perhaps not rich but decently off in comparison with most Brits.

hora
    Free Member

Without going into the semantics over a certain threshold you hit 40% tax. So they’d be how much better off a month for all that training/study/A&E etc etc?

Why bregudge them? They worked for it. ANYWAAY.

Woody
    Free Member

If they’d been asleep in the room next door I may have felt some sympathy for them but I don’t.

It’s comments like this that make me despair about the lack of compassion in certain areas of society. Or is it just random STW keyboard knobbery ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lets be anti the McCanns because they are……..err, middle class????? Imagine if someone said let’s be anti because they are poor or plebs?!?!

I hope they find Madeleine alive but if not at least let them have some closure. For them it’s v hard to balance the positive and negative impacts of keeping the story live in the media. I feel for them especially as I am a rotten parent and have done exactly the same thing on a MW holiday. Perhaps we should be locked up or simply sterilised as evil parents???

Knobbery I think?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Lets be anti the McCanns because they are……..err, middle class?????

That’s got nothing to do with. Some people enjoy being judgmental of others because it makes them feel better about themselves. And they will use any excuse to do so. If the McCanns had been chavs it wouldn’t have made any difference at all.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Partially true Ernie (the last bit) but the early posts on here falsify the first bit. There is an obvious undercurrent…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Madeline Mc Cann’ is closed to new replies.