Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Madame Tussauds
  • loddrik
    Free Member

What’s the appeal? I don’t get it. The queues are huge. I just don’t see how looking at a load of models of famous people is worth queueing up for, let alone paying to see. What am I missing?

hammyuk
    Free Member

The Nicki Minage one is rather “popular” apparently….

convert

Mainly for foreigners isn’t it? Somehow in another age it managed to get itself on a list of things to do when in London. So people went to it because it’s on the list, so it’s popular, so it stays on the list, so people go because it’s on the list, so it’s popular……. and self perpetuates an unfathomable attraction.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i guess if you are travelling round the world to look at people painted silver/standing very still, eat Hagen-Daz/McDonalds and buy T-shirts/baseball caps then Madame Tussauds is an interesting diversion.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I once went many years ago with a young Polish lady who was over here on holiday and insisted on going there, it’s the only time I’ve been. It was OK but I wouldn’t wax lyrical about it 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

What’s the appeal?

A lot of people find it difficult to imagine what celebrities look like based only on virtually unlimited photographs, videos and exposure across all media 24/7.

So for those people it’s an opportunity to see what their favourite celebrity would look like if they were killed by lethal injection, then embalmed, stuffed and mounted like a squirrel in a pub.

It’s also an opportunity for people who can’t use photoshop to get an unconvincing picture of them with their favourite celebrity for their Facebook page.

racefaceec90

It was OK but I wouldn’t wax lyrical about it

i see what you did there 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Somehow in another age it managed to get itself on a list of things to do when in London.

In fairness, I can totally see the appeal of waxwork shows a hundred years or more ago when you read about the exploits of people in books/newspaper but may never have seen even a drawing, let alone a photograph of them. Then slightly later I can see the appeal as a nostalgic throwback to a more innocent time. Why they still exist now is an utter mystery though.

Trimix
    Free Member

I used to walk past it on the way to work. The queues were mostly full of Japanese tourists, all armed with cameras.

jane15
    Free Member

The queues are huge. I just don’t see how looking at a load of models of famous people is worth queueing up for, let alone paying to see

I couldn’t agree more

cheekyget
    Free Member

I always thought it looked shit..and I got a merlin pass so I get in for free, but my little boy saw the ad on the telly…whoa dad !!…”STAR WARS!!”

Look like we will go now….mind you we can go to the London aquarium and London eye for free …with the merlins

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Madame Tussauds’ is closed to new replies.