• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mad Men finished last night
  • mcboo
    Free Member

I hardly know anybody else who watched this, again the US puts our utter piffle TV drama to the sword. Mind bogglingly clever and so so easy on the eye, actually found something my wife and I could watch together…..she couldnt get into The Wire and I cant watch Brothers and Sisters without wanting to stick hot needles in my eyes.

Still cant figure out how to post piccies here, someone show as a couple of shots of the girls of Sterling Cooper, show STW what they’ve been missing.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

My wife bought me the first series on DVD, wasn’t that keen to watch it but watched it and got hooked.

Started watching the second series and missed a couple so will be waiting for it to be on DVD.

Awesome programme though.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

Great programme, will watch the last episode tonight

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I watched series 1 on DVD and thought I’d miss all of series 2 so I could do the same. Absolutely great series, a little close to the bone though as I work in advertising (less smoking and drinking going on these days theough :o( )

mcboo
    Free Member

God I hope they do a 3rd series. January Jones, is there a more beautiful lady on the planet?

chakaping
    Free Member

Wonderful show, still got three or four to catch up with thankfully.

Mcboo – Legally, you could probably divorce your wife for not getting into The Wire.

davidpurvis
    Free Member

Agreed about January Jones, but I have to admit to a soft spot for Christina Hendricks, who plays Joan Holloway in Mad Men.

MrGreedy

Bloody hell, you could park your bike in that!

chakaping
    Free Member

Who’s January Jones? I assumed it was Joan.

Ah right, it’s Betty.

Joan wins hands down for me.

kimbers

hendricks was a honeeeeyyy in firefly too

she is by far the hottest girl in the show

ive really enjoyed this season of mad men, even though its all very subtle and underplayed you never get bored i think because its is so gorgeously shot the colours and style makes it great : )

kimbers

will i get into trouble for posting a pic froma geeky sci-fi series?

davidpurvis
    Free Member

You certainly won’t get into trouble off me for posting it!

chakaping
    Free Member

Have all you Mad Men fans seen a film called Far From Heaven?

It’s quite similar, luscious cinematography, complex characters and shocking revelations about what people used to do in the ’50s (ie. drink a lot, be rude to one another).

kimbers

for me one of the most amazing moments was after they went on a family pic nic, don lobbed his can into the trees, ok a lot of people still do that

but then betty stood up and just shook off al their rubbish cans boxes bags wrappers food onto the grass verge and they all just climbed into the car

as an mtbing nature lover this horrified me as more than the sexism, racism, alcoholism and constant smoking

matthewjb
    Free Member

ne of the most amazing moments was after they went on a family pic nic

That shocked me as well.

I’m sure you could play a good drinking game with Mad Men, having a drink every time the characters have one. A bit like with ‘Withnail and I’. Although I think you’d last about 5 minutes.

Kit
    Free Member

I’ve been banging on about Mad Men to friends and family for ages! I don’t usually watch TV dramas, but the 60’s ad agency thing really piqued my interest and I loved it from the 1st episode.

Will watch the final episode tonight on iPlayer – the end of Season 1 actually made me cry for Don wtf? He’s an arrogant, control freak prick but you actually feel sorry for him!

And for anyone who saw Episode 11 – Laura Ramsey as Joy 😛

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mad Men finished last night’ is closed to new replies.