Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mac/Safari question.
  • vinnyeh

Safari has just started returning results from google.co.uk when I use the default search engine box- in the past it's always returned google.com results. Is this happening for anybody else?

I've not changed anything deliberately, and when I looked a few months back into changing the search engine Safari uses it seemed to be a bit of hassle involving vi, or installing a plugin which wouldn't work with Snow Leopard, so I didn't end up do anything about it

big_scot_nanny

same for me, although even more annoying as I am in Switzerland and don't want to search .ch or .de

Anyone know how to change it back to .com as default? can't find it in settings.

al_f
    Free Member

I'd much rather it used .co.uk (much better when you're looking for stuff to buy etc. and don't want a load of US results), if anyone finds out what's changed to make it use that I'd love to know!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If that's the case, I may well go back to using it. It's why I was using chrome/FF instead.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

You can do it with a handy little add-on called inquisitor.
    http://www.inquisitorx.com/

retro83
    Free Member

someone enter a search and trace it with wireshark

vinnyeh

I tried using Inquisitor a while back, but it won't work with Snow Leopard, due to removal of Input Managers.

My issue is why the search engine has changed since yesterday, without me consciously installing anything- I wanted to know whether others are seeing .com, or .co.uk results?

Jamie
    Free Member

You can do it with a handy little add-on called inquisitor.
    http://www.inquisitorx.com/

I use Glims myself, which does work on Snow Leopard. Only problem with most of these InputManager hacks is that Safari has to be run in 32bit mode.

al_f
    Free Member

Still seeing google.com here (in the UK).

IA

.co.uk here (uk, snow leopard)

vinnyeh

@IA – has that just changed then?

retro83
    Free Member

Like i said, trace it with wireshark or similar, i would have thought it goes via some intermediary server

Lactic
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

If that's the case, I may well go back to using it. It's why I was using chrome/FF instead

+1

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Another vote for glims, great add-on. It gives you the choice of search engines via drop down menu in the search box amoungst the features.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mac/Safari question.’ is closed to new replies.