Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Machynlleth – where is a good place to stay?
  • singletracksurfer

Nothing posh or romantic (quite the opposite).
    2 single blokes with bikes.

Thanks.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A hotel or B&B would be ideal.

MrAgreeable

Well hello there gorgeous. 😉

We’ve stayed at Reditreks before, owned by the same bloke who runs the Holey Trail bike shop in town. It’s basic but comfortable.

http://www.reditreks.com/php/The-Bunkhouse.php

Or I could give my friend’s mum a ring and see if we can stay in her chalet half way round the Climachx trail.

Conan257
    Free Member

We’ve a timeshare at Plas Talgarth down the road, not sure if they have non-timeshare stuff though.

Excellent facilities and the people + food are fantastic.

Tiger6791

What you going for?

pedalhead
    Free Member

+1 for Reditreks. I was there last weekend & it was perfect.

singletracksurfer

Great thanks peeps. Will try Reditreks.

Doing a Welsh C2C (and plans have changed, so so does all my pre-arranged accommodation) 🙂

rkk01
    Free Member

Don’t bother with Mach. Llani is the up and coming town in that part of the world.

Stayed at the Unicorn recently on work. Recent refurb, very nice

Unicorn

Drac

Reditreks is very good stayed there a couple of times now.

singletracksurfer

Arse Reditreks are full. Need somewhere in the town (of Mach).

mattsccm
    Free Member

Is it the White Lion by the memorial thingy at the main junction. Stayed there quite a lots when m/c trail riding. Usually used their boiler rooms for wet geat. Rooms can be a bit dated but nothing wrong with the food or welcome.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Is it the White Lion by the memorial thingy at the main junction. Stayed there quite a lots when m/c trail riding. Usually used their boiler rooms for wet geat. Rooms can be a bit dated but nothing wrong with the food or welcome.

singletracksurfer

thanks will give them a bell.

bigben69
    Free Member

Try doin the Cli-Max trail in the Dyfi Forest. It is a great trail!

http://www.cadairviewlodge.co.uk/mountain_biking.htm

http://midwalesbiking.co.uk/routes.html

Have a good trip!!

_tom_
    Free Member

When we went into Dolgellau Cycles a couple of weeks ago they said that the best descent on Cli-Machx was closed at the time, not sure if it’ll be re opened yet but worth looking into before sorting anything out!

takisawa2

Torrent Walk few miles North by Dollgellau is nice. Bike friendly & well placed for both MachX & CyB.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

How about a very comfortable bunkhouse with its own attached pub? Stayed here a couple of times and it has always been fantastic, bit outside Machynlleth in Corris but its nearer the start of Cli-Mach X.

http://www.braichgoch.co.uk/

bentleywood

Cli-Machx was parially closed when i rode there last wednesday, basically the last two sections (which are the best bits) but there are some other diversions and changes to direction. There is a temporary car park too so a different start point.

Duffer
    Free Member

We have an annual long-weekend arrangement, and sleep in a barn at Cae Gwyn Farm, about 1000yds from the C-Y-B trailhead.

drewfus
    Free Member

i stayed at the bunkhouse at corris mentioned above a couple of years ago now.. Cheap and cosy, bar inside the pub. also a great little pub in the village 5 min walk away. Bunkhouse is self catering so u can cook your own. Climax trail is good, and theres a short cut waymarked to the top of the descent if u wanna just do that.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Cli-Machx was parially closed when i rode there last wednesday, basically the last two sections (which are the best bits) but there are some other diversions and changes to direction. There is a temporary car park too so a different start point.

All is well! Turns out the forestry commission has had to stop logging due to finding nesting Dormice! and have since declared Climach-X fully open until further notice! this includes the Carpark and final trail, Tony the Tiger!

Enjoy your stay, may see you up there!

grum
    Free Member

Did Climach-x on Sunday and can confirm it was all open (though deserted). The last descent is one of my favourite bits of trail anywhere. So good you have to do it at least twice!

We stayed at Cwm Dylluan B+B. Bit old school but very clean, nice and friendly and in a lovely spot up the road in Forge.

makkag
    Free Member

yerp rode climach-x yesterday as well, deserted in carpark when we got there only one other van Proberbly poster above all open .. have to say its final decents easily put it up there with the best that i have ridden .. – will try and get some video uploaded tonight , but go easy twas my first time on it and took it a little easy as you sure as shit could get caught out in a few places !!

bigben69
    Free Member

Grum and Makkag are right this trail is wicked…. Well worth doin at lease twice maybe even three times! Got 4 days there next week can`t wait!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Machynlleth – where is a good place to stay?’ is closed to new replies.