• This topic has 57 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Machine gunning large groups of ramblers? Justifiable homicide?
  • duckman

So, you came flying down your favourite trail, and other people made you slow down, just because they were also using the countryside? 0/10 for rant.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Final descent on a Welsh Trail Centre some years ago (can’t remember which one) had to stop for an old Granny with a walking stick being helped up the track by what I took to be her middle-aged daughter with bloke in attendance. As I edged past, I mentioned that they were in danger due to it being a Mountain Bike Trail.

I got told that “It’s our country and we’ll walk where we like”.

At that point, I sensed a Darwin Award being unpacked in readiness…

zokes
    Free Member

Final descent on a Welsh Trail Centre some years ago (can’t remember which one) had to stop for an old Granny with a walking stick being helped up the track by what I took to be her middle-aged daughter with bloke in attendance. As I edged past, I mentioned that they were in danger due to it being a Mountain Bike Trail.

At that point, I sensed a Darwin Award being unpacked in readiness…

I had this at the Marin a few years back. As they were in the process of being pious knobbers, a DH hero came flying past and nearly took us all out. I think they got the point at that stage…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

United Fan Binners?

rocketman
    Free Member

Surprising how sociable large groups of any sort can be if one can interrupt one’s oh-so-important bicycle ride for just a minute and make some sort of attempt at communicating.

Ramblers, horse riders – even fricken cyclists. See it from both sides instead of being an arse on a bike all the time.

mrdestructo

You have to admit that packs of pedestrians develop a whole mob mentality though.

It’s seen in their faithful rendition of The Right Stuff:

As they refuse to give room for anyone else coming towards or from behind them, even so much in the cities as the outrider walking in the road because vanity and self loathing means they cannot possibly walk behind the rest of the mob.

This psychological issue affects groups wherever they are.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It must be because I’m such a nice guy when in the company of decent folks..

I see what you did there 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

THe only worry I have riding trails is dogs, or dogs on leads.

Often the dog walker hears you (or sees you) but can’t get pooch in/under control quick enough. Now I slow down to less than walking pace when overtaking/passing anyone regardless, but often pooch is meandering all over the place on the lead so you can’t pass.

But it’s a minor irritation really, no need for guns.

binners

See it from both sides instead of being an arse on a bike all the time.

I’m an arse irrespective of whether I’m on a bike or not, I’m afraid.

When I was back off my jaunt yesterday, I saw the same group of old giffers. They were stood, en masse, completely blocking the pavement like a herd of sheep, forcing everyone, including 2 women pushing prams to go out into the road to get around them. Idiots!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

including 2 women pushing prams

Oh the horror!

*weeps for a minute for the babies*
    *weeps for another minute for binbins*

binners

I had a very traumatic day yesterday Bravisimo 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

You had a trauma in bravisimo? Were you riding your bike there as well? LOL

GrahamS

Love that, especially the thinly veiled racism.

The motorway is also “your country” love, but I bet you’d think twice about walking along that!

joao3v16
    Free Member

The problem is that the general public is made up of morons

hora
    Free Member

Take the bike off of binners and he’d blend right into the group!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Take the bike off of binners and he’d blend right into the group!

I thought the pair of you were a right couple of ramblers myself…quite sexy ones though. 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

While the tone of the OP is a bit OTT, I must confess to a similar rant of FB this weekend (more supporting mass suicide over murder) after abandoning a ride around my local loop this weekend, in 5 miles I encountered over 70 walkers, I greeted all with my standard warm cheeriness but the insular, soulless, joyless cold way many (not all) responded (if indeed they responded at all) did defeat me, I knew there would only be more around the second half of my loop, four abreast on a double track and making no effort narrow out (it was a tough climb where often i receive a greeting and some encouraging comments, or cheeky requests for a croggy or something). I decided that it must just have been Miserable ***king ***ting Walker day, chalked it up to badluck, went home and played batman instead…

Something about this last weekend did seem to bring them all out, on the flipside a friend of mine was out near Settle and didn’t see a soul.

hora
    Free Member

DD, me and binners are DILF’s. 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Machine gunning large groups of ramblers? Justifiable homicide?’ is closed to new replies.