Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Macbook Vs Mac Air – thoughts pls
  • Aus
    Free Member

Just been burgled again and Macbook nicked. I’m tempted to get an Air purely from the lightness point of view as carry it around a fair bit.

I tend to only use Office/showing v lightweight film stuff so am a lightweight user. It’s used often for showing clients stuff so screen quality and battery length v important.

The Macbook obviously did the job seamlessly – are there are downsides to an Air for a light user (it’s the 13″ one)?

Thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

Screen quality > Macbook 13″ Retina

Battery > Macbook Air.

On a side note, did you have find my mac enabled on the stolen Macbook?

footflaps

I had to deal with a colleague being burgled when he was away and they left his Macbook, Playstation etc and just took cash and a credit card.

The Police said that was normal as computers etc were too easily traceable, so laptops just get left. Or maybe that’s just a Cambridge thing…..

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I had a similar choice to make a year or so ago and went for the air. The screen is higher res on the Pro but that wasn’t a deciding factor for me. For the same price the Air had a bigger SSD, was lighter with a better battery. Graphics not as good but still enough to play HD video and do a bit of editing so no problems there.

For the future its worth installing Prey. A mate had his Air nicked and knew who had it and where within a few hours. Police went and got it for him a couple of days later.

Aus
    Free Member

thanks. A buddy said ‘Don’t get the earlier version of the Air, the latest one’s much better’ (but he failed to be able to say in what way!)

zippykona

How do I find ,Find My Mac on my mac?

Aus
    Free Member

And have Prey hopefully doing its magic, but it’s been 12+ hours now so not too hopeful

footflaps

How do I find ,Find My Mac on my mac?

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/icloud/find-my-device/

saxabar
    Free Member

I have an Air and had a Macbook. I really appreciate the battery life and weight of the Air, but haven’t used a new Macbook so can’t comment on new displays. Can’t really say I feel at a loss.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Macbook Vs Mac Air – thoughts pls’ is closed to new replies.