Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Mac expert hep required!!!
  • mboy
    Free Member

I’m surprised no-one else has said… for such a new machine, just whizz it into Apple and they have a good poke around for free…

13 months old mate! And stupidly forgot to stump up for Apple Care inside the first 12 months too… D’oh!

Anyway… For now it’s behaving itself. I’ve done an awful lot of maintenance over the last few hours, at the expense of getting jobs done in the shop.

Going to investigate getting a Mac Mini as a file server, so that I can use my own laptop or an iPad as the till in the shop if the iMac goes down again. This iMac is standalone, and though everything is backed up by time machine regularly, as it’s also the file server in essence, if it does go down then it causes a whole heap of trouble!

JCL
    Free Member

Crack on egg over it and put it in the dishwasher on a low heat.

bensales
    Free Member

13 months old mate! And stupidly forgot to stump up for Apple Care inside the first 12 months too… D’oh!

They’ll still poke around for free, and if it’s something they can sort there and then in software, they’ll do it. You might be pleasantly surprised. I have been. Just recently had the screen replaced on my wife’s MacBook Air because my son whacked it with a sword. ‘Genius’ gave me a substantial discount because the machine was in perfect nick, despite being a 2011 one…

nickdavies

Did it come from the apple store? If so give it a go, they should honour the 2 year EU thing, I took a faulty macbook in 18months old ish and they happily sorted it. Mentioned it wouldn’t have been as easy if I hadn’t bought from apple direct though. May well be luck of the draw, and it doesn’t apply to business but worth a punt.

Cougar

they should honour the 2 year EU thing,

They do, officially, it’s on their website.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Mac expert hep required!!!’ is closed to new replies.