Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mabie anyone Sat 3rd April before I depart for sunnier lands?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Just an early heads-up to see if anyone is around on Saturday 3rd April for a pootle around Mabie? I am off away to South America till August so would be nice for a little social ride. I have not done as much riding as I would have liked and have a bit of a bad leg right now so pace will probably be a strictly Simonralliesque pootle! 😀

I also hope to do a few more mid week rides too, maybe a Kirrie depending on how I feel, and I really ought to try and ride Drumlanrig again.

Oh and then I will be back in Dumfries August and September so just like September last year I can really cheese everyone off with some more mid week ride photos with maybe some group riding too with all you lovely Stanes dudes and dudettes 🙂

Si

simonralli2
    Free Member

Quick bump for the evening posse otherwise it looks like a solo ride is on the cards 🙁

slugwash
    Free Member

Hi Simon, I'll not be in Mabie around Easter, in fact I've never been there and probably never will, but there's a definite Dartmoor ride around Fernworthy/Postbridge this coming Sunday if you're up for it. We're doing a recce ride for woodland camping spots for the forthcoming Somerset/Devon Possee April 3rd /4th bivvy ride which you'll miss for obvious reasons.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh – am free and my leg seems to be getting better. I have located Postbridge on my map – is that where the start is? I take it it will be relaxed pace? Any idea of distance? ta!

slugwash
    Free Member

I say Postbridge the others may well say Houndtour. Dunno exactly as yet. As far as I'm concerned it will be a relaxed pace. If you need a lift I'll be driving past Schumacher on the way up. A rough idea of distance will be a loop up from Postbridge to Fernworthy Forest and back by way of the Warren House Inn and then whatever is added to it South of the main road. (Probably around Belleever Forest and a bit more as well!)

simonralli2
    Free Member

yeah – brill – do you want to text me when you know the score? A lift would be much appreciated!

One Photo Every Day cross-over heaven 😀

Si

slugwash
    Free Member

do you want to text me when you know the score

Will do Sat morning. BTW, I've edited and added to my last post.

Trekster

Simon..I have a kids club ride that day in the morning, usually finished by 1pm.

Si
    Free Member

Houndtor. Not startin at Postbridge…At least that way we can also get Cwmdown and Easdon in with a second tea stop….

slugwash
    Free Member

Houndtor. Not startin at Postbridge…At least that way we can also get Cwmdown and Easdon in with a second tea stop….

Oh, <kicks ground with hands in pockets> Houndtor it is then 😉

forge197
    Free Member

Si – not around that weekend to see you mad skillz 🙁

simonralli2
    Free Member

Forge – ah well – maybe in the week some time.

Trekster – like Forge, if it is easier mid week then maybe we could ride then. At least I will have two what will hopefully be awesome months to get fit again as per last year 😀 And then I really am off off, to go live in Brazil so I will deffo organise a much bigger maybe Kirrie ride again.

forge197
    Free Member

Might be able to sort a mid week need to if I have any flex to take in the period, I am sure during the two months we can ride, a long Kirri ride would be good hopefully by then I will be able to do the whole thing with out getting cramp before the end 🙂

Trekster

7th ❓
    9th – 14th ❓ 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

John

Yep – I will be off up to Glasgow on 7th ready to fly out first thing on 8th to Brazil so that's out really. Can you do any days before that?

Si

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mabie anyone Sat 3rd April before I depart for sunnier lands?’ is closed to new replies.