Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • M83
  • paddy0091
    Free Member

The band…

Amazing or what? Not heard of them until recently but their latest album “Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming”

10/10! 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

Saw them support Kings of Leon at MEN a year ago, they were better than Kings of Leon.

Love “Saturdays=Youth”, some of their earlier stuff is a bit too weird for me.

Check out “Skin of the Night” and “We own the Sky”

Dobbo

Good band, I’ve acquired a couple of there albums. Off at a fair old tangent, I’ve just got into Coil liking there stuff.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Sweet! Cheers, just playing “Saturdays=Youth” now. Sounding very good so far.

Coil, from t’eighties? 😉

headfirst
    Free Member

It was the insane surf clip last week that brought them to my attention, especially that song ‘Lower your eyelids to die with the sun’. Turns out he’s been around for a while (and he’s french), had a quick look and listen on spotify, will be purchasing an album or two shortly.

Dobbo

Coil, from t’eighties?

Thats them 😆

Blokes dead now!

paddy0091
    Free Member

shame! I was born in late eighties but as a child I’d listen to a fair amount of Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno etc – courtesy of Dad, so I’m a big fan of anything ambient/electronic/etc

M83 Trivia – their track ‘Midnight City’ is the theme to….Made in Chelsea YA YA YA RAH

schrickvr6
    Free Member

M83 = very good. Not all exactly the same vein but some other bands/artists I’d recommend would be Cut Copy, Zoot Woman, Theives Like Us, Joakim, Miami Horror, Midnight Juggernaughts, James Yuill, Phoenix, Erlend Oye, Neon Indian, Turner and that should be enough, have a listen and let me know what you think.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Cheers schrick!

Got a big revision session tonight until the early hours, so will give those a play..and report back.

DezB
    Free Member

M83 music takes me places.

Headphones. Close eyes. Gone.

chakaping
    Free Member

I need to catch up with their new stuff.

Also check Ulrich Schnauss if you like this kind of electronica. And the Air soundtrack for The Virgin Suicides if you particularly like Saturdays=Youth.

atlaz
    Free Member

Saw them live in 2010 or 2011 (I forget which). Great gig.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Will have to find out if M83 are playing here any time soon, sounds like I’d be in for a good show!

Ulrich Schnauss, know some of his stuff, “Suddenly The Trees are Giving way” is a very good tune.

Will check the Air soundtrack as well.

Got lots of tracks to run through now! 😀

Anyone know Hammock?

Hammock – This Kind Of Life Keeps Breaking Your Heart

Northwind

We Own The Sky is a tune and a half… But tbh nothing else they’ve done really impressed me as much, saw them live at a festival and it was the same story. Am I missing a load of good stuff and just choosing a bad selection?

elliott-20
    Free Member

The new M83 is a little more poppy than the stuff before. Still love the album tho.

On another note. This is just the best thing I’ve heard for a long time. The album is epic and has been pretty much on constant rotation for the past 6 months.

Blue Sky Black Death – Our Hearts Of Ruin

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7zUd9jFlJo[/video]

peterfile
    Free Member

Ulrich Schnauss

Without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest EDM producer to ever have graced this fair planet.

The guy is a genius.

I love it when people tell me his stuff is “boring”, in the same way that you would call Thomas Mann’s work boring. Both probably are if you go looking for excitement, but for complete immersion, they are in a league of their own.

senorj

M83 music takes me places.

me too – When I first heard their second album Dead cities.. I had a cry!!
    I’m off to see them in Brighton on Sunday – Woop.
    Managed to get tickets for the heaven show before christmas which was amazing – in my top 10.
    Morgan Kibby’s voice is amazing imo.

The new album is their 6th.

Elliot – thanks for the BSBD link – right up my avenue.

peterfile
    Free Member

Anyone know Hammock

The beauty of Spotify “related artists” feature. I have about 3 weeks worth of music containing stuff like this.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I’m seeing him/them in Leeds tonight. Excited.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘M83’ is closed to new replies.