Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • M785 XT crank with a 32 SS ring – anyone tried it?
  • Cheezpleez

The new XT double cranks look like they’d be spot-on for my SS. Any reason why they won’t work with a 32 tooth chainring in the big ring position? Be good to hear from someone who’s done it before I go for it…

jameso

A few on the Jones blog, it looks like a good option.

Cheezpleez

Aha! Thanks jameso, that looks like it works

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve done it on a 775 crank-worked fine.

barbs
    Free Member

Just put a 34t on mine and it works perfectly.

tk46hal
    Free Member

No problems!

jameso

BTW, if anyone wanted to sell a 785 crank in 175mm, any colour and scuffs no issue, let me know.
    Can swap for a 77-series XTs either used or BNIB 9 or 10 with rings, PX for an used XTR double, etc.
    (Yes I had a shimano crank fetish phase looking for an ideal SS set up..) MIP if so. Ta.

mattjg
    Free Member

@cheez I have one of these if you want to come and try/measure.

mattjg
    Free Member

& to be honest I’m pretty close to stripping that bike anyway, if you give me the tiniest reason, they can come off

timbur
    Free Member

Biff put a 32t on them cranks. Tooth clearance is VERY close to the arms but I guess it works as I haven’t heard of it coming back.

Biff = UK Jones fella chap

jameso

Timbur, good point to note, and made me think of the CL; for a middle on a triple XT is 2mm closer in than the 785 outer position (about 48mm vs 50mm). So the 785 with a 32T on the ‘outer’ position gives you a tiny bit more space around the stay fwiw.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘M785 XT crank with a 32 SS ring – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.