Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • M675 rings on M665 cranks?
  • docrobster
    Free Member

As title- can anyone confirm if I can put 24/38 M675 2×10 (or M615 for that matter) rings on my M665 double and bash cranks in place of the 22/36 rings which are goosed. With or without the bash is fine.
    I’ve found with moving to 10 speed out back the lowest gear (22×36) is too low to be useful so may as well put bigger rings on. Looking at photos the profile of the outer ring looks a bit different around the tabs. Will they go on on the “middle” position of the older cranks?
    Cheers

vincienup
    Free Member

The ring offset in the 675 double is true 2×10. Depends where they put the packing really.

Even if they physically bolt up your shifting may be a little off.

docrobster
    Free Member

So is there a different gap between the rings on a dedicated 2×10 than granny and middle of a triple?
    I thought it was just chainline ie both rings moved out by a small amount?

vincienup
    Free Member

Without taking cranks apart I’m not sure, but my impression was that while the rings themselves are placed further out, there’s also a slightly greater distance between them.

docrobster
    Free Member

I found an old thread that suggests there is no difference in the gap.
    After all derrailleur throw is the same on all front derrailleurs.
    Issue is just if there is any difference around the tabs that would mean 675 rings only fit 675 spiders. Only one way to find out I guess. Rings are quite cheap at merlincycles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘M675 rings on M665 cranks?’ is closed to new replies.