Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lyrik technical help please…
  • slowrider
    Free Member

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone can talk me through a bit of a mod on my lyriks? I’ve heard that a non u-turn spring will fit in a u-turn fok but I’m not sure exactly how.

Thanks in advance!

slowrider
    Free Member

Anyone?

Konastoner
    Free Member

You’ll need one of these: –

to go with the spring.

total cost will be around £70.

A lot of cost for no difference in performance.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

What are you trying to achieve as an end result? Is this so you can get a 170mm fork? If so, there’s another way round it that costs about a tenner

slowrider
    Free Member

I’ve got a u turn lyrik with a medium spring and a non u turn firm spring. Just looking to put the two together! Sounds a bit more expensive than I’d hoped though…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

jonedwards – tell me more and does it work with solo air?

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve got a firm u-turn spring – red – you can have for £25

neilnevill
    Free Member

indeed JE…what’s the 170mm mod? I believe Konastoner has mentioned cutting the u-turn spring on another thread, is it that?

Konastoner
    Free Member

neilnevill, that mod is to get 170mm on a standard U-Turn on the cheap.

OP – I’ve had a re-think and it cannot be done with a non u-turn spring, the rebound damper has around 175mm of travel which means that there is 5mm of play due to the spring not being fixed to the shaft unlike a u-turn. There must be something different in the rebound / MC side of the non u-turn models.

You can test this by undoing the u-turn spring at the bottom, pull the lowers and you gain the extra travel.

sambob
    Free Member

Paging Hora….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik technical help please…’ is closed to new replies.