Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lyrik R upgrade options?
  • Dannyp
    Free Member

Got a set of 2010 Lyrik R soloair forks which are in good condition but obviously lacking any compression damping features due to them being the rebound only version. I have read plenty about people popping a MoCo or Mission control unit in which sounds a dead easy fix….but I can’t seem to find one for love nor money to fit a 2010 fork?

Anyone got any ideas where to source one? (no longer listed on Fishers b2b btw), or any other upgrade option ideas?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Loco is your friend!

slinkybike
    Free Member

Lyric have not changed there csu (the top bit) since 2010 pretty much any generation mo-co will work be it a basic or a more involved unit. With a rebound only fork you would be better off going for a basic unit as the two stage compression units work best with the more advance rebound unit. I don’t think you won’t be able to get one.

Dannyp
    Free Member

Many thanks slinkybike, big help. If I’m correct then I can just fit the current 2013 damper?

I did actually email Loco about a week or so ago but had no reply?

twotonpredator

I have for sale a mission control unit with floodgate removed. It’s from a 2011 lyric as I fitted the DH damper. Let me know if your interested.

Dannyp
    Free Member

Ermm cheers for the Avalanche link but seems a little pricey!

twotonpredator YGM

vinnyeh

I did the upgrade to a Lyrik R (Mico Floodgate compression damper, DH rebound damper). The rebound damper needs to be upgraded as well- apparently the Lyrik R unit won’t flow oil quickly enough for the compression damper to have any effect. I have no idea whether this is true, but it seems to be a widely held opinion, and I thought it easiest to do them both.
    Rebound damper came from here: This Place.

Delivered quickly and seem to have stuff in stock, not have to order it in.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Avalanche damper.

It’s the same price as replacing your compression and rebound cartridges, which is what you’ll have to do if you want to get it to the RC2DH standard……and the Avy damper is wayyyy nicer.

The avy damper is a proper moto style open bath damper…..whilst the RS damper by comparison (whilst decent) is a plastic POS. The avy will also need **** all servicing like the old pre 2007 Marz 888’s.

Here’s a review

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Avalanche-Racing-Fork-Replacement-Cartridge-Kit-2012.html

Tried a mates….twas wonderful, for the same price as upgrading my fork to say…a BOS….I’m buying two cartridges….when one goes kaput….it’ll go back for servicing and I’ll drop the spare cart in.

Avalanche stuff is proper old school but they still produce some of the best dampers available and they’re brilliant when combined with modern light weight fork chassis’ and new school frame geometry….

One of the best kept secrets in the industry IMO

twohats
    Free Member

whilst the RS damper by comparison (whilst decent) is a plastic POS.

You’ve obviously never seen a Mission Control or Mission DH cartridge then as there is not a single piece of plastic in either of them.

Northwind

Short answer is- sell Lyrik R, buy Mico Lyrik. Too much stuff needs replaced to make it very economic. Avy is brilliant but expensive, and MiCo is one of the best OEM setups out there especially once de-poplocked so will still give a fantastic result.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik R upgrade options?’ is closed to new replies.