Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lyrik Mission Control DH oil height / amt
  • flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Anyone know how much oil should be in a 2010 Lyrik 170 Coil with the Mission control DH damper?

Doesn't seem to be mentioned in the SRAM tech manual….

fivespot
    Free Member

can't help you with the oil amount, but would be interested in your opinion on the forks.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

at the moment I'm wondering if there's enough oil in the damper – I don't want to open it up until i know how much there should be. There's very little detectable difference between fully on and fully off compression damping – hence my first post – but i do like them.. however they are blowing through the travel pretty quickly.. but that may be an oil level issue.

vikingboy
    Free Member

These forks rock when dialled in.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

vikingboy – can you easily spot the difference between the compression being wound right in or right out? I was expecting it to be super stiff when wound all the way on – but can't really tell any difference… is it subtle? or is there something up with my fork? Rebound goes from super quick to super slow – but compression is almost not detectable in the carpark!

kamina
    Free Member

I find there is a bigger difference with the adjusters on the Lyric DH then on my previous Fox RC2, meaning you should definitely notice a difference. How does your rebound damping work?

It's not really unheard off that forks would ship with low lube oil, but usually they do manage to get enough in the dampers…

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

you should definitely notice a difference

that's what I thought.. once I find out the oil level needed I'll take a look and see what's going on…

rebound is fine – adjustability is there – super slow to super fast and all levels in between.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

The adjusters on mine make a lot of difference,especially the low speed compression

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Couldn't find an oil height / amount – so did some experimenting.. too much oil just means you don't get full travel. no effect on the damping (i.e. still none) – there's a slight notch on my 'Glide ring' – not sure if I put it there taking the damper out or it was there in the first place – could explain it. Ordering the damper service kit with a new glide ring – so will see if that makes any difference…

Both damper adjustments seem to be working mechanically (i.e. I can see the low speed valve open and close, and the high speed spring getting stiffer – so it must be a leak caused by the glide ring – or some other sort of fault with the damper..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik Mission Control DH oil height / amt’ is closed to new replies.