Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lyrik 2 -steps – the conversion options
  • vinnyeh

What are the options for converting Lyriks (07 models) away from the troublesome 2 step? How much does this cost, and is it a simple procedure, or does it need Loco or TFT to do the work?

norcbot
    Free Member

it is a pritty simple job i did it on a set a while ago. From what i can remember you only need 3 new parts. A top out spring (im sure i used one out of a boxxer fork as the listed one wasn’t in stock)a u-turn spring and a top cap. can remember the part numbers but i can look them up if you want.
    You do have to remove the lowers so you my aswell do a oil chainge aswell.

Northwind

I turned mine into u-turn coils, not at all hard to do.

jam-bo

Parts about £80.
    If you can service forks you can do it yourself.

LoCo
    Free Member

Relativly simple if your a confident mechanic, parts are obviously available 😉

jedi

my high speed compression dont seem to work i dont reckon. firm spring and i bottom it out pumping 🙂

vinnyeh

thanks.

so are the options fixed and u-turn coil?

Loco, I dropped you a mail earlier today about this, any chance of letting me know what you think’s the best way to go, and the parts costs?

LoCo
    Free Member

Will get back to you tomorrow, long day and just off to bed ZZZ.

alpin
    Free Member

i swapped my 2-step for a coil.

i think it was about 50€ trade, but i don’t think i even ended up paying that as the workshop guy cocked up.

easy job to do. follow the instructions on how to remove the 2-step gubbins and then follow the instructions regarding the fitting of the coil gubbins….. or get a mate to do it whilst you watch.

has improved the performance of the fork.

the u-turn knob wasn’t available at the time i swapped the innards over. i used the 2-step cap with an o-ring underneath to stop it rattling about. it does mean that the travel is fixed at what ever height you set it, but is easy to change – if a bit of a faff.

@ jedi, check oil in the compression thingy bit. mine wasn’t doing much till my mate replaced the black oil with fresh stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik 2 -steps – the conversion options’ is closed to new replies.