• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by adsh.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lynskey or Cielo?
  • solarider
    Free Member

Loving my fully rigid singlespeed, but on some rides I miss gears and suspension forks (never been a huge full suspension fan).

So I have the parts gathered for a 1 x 11 hardtail. I just need to decide on the frame.

The singlespeed is a Lynskey titanium Pro 29SL. It has sliding dropouts, so perfect for singlespeed, but also has cable stops for gears. It is wired up for dynamo lights etc, so a hassle to switch from geared to singlepseed and fully rigid to front suspension on a whim.

I am tempted to buy another frame just the same. I can get one for a decent price, it fits me well, and even the twisty tubes have grown on me.

For the same money I could go for a Chris King Cielo steel 29er. Something different, but heavier, more prone to rust and with a paint job to take care of. Nevertheless, there is something timeless about a steel hardtail, and it is a particularly nice example. I used to love my steel DeKerf back in the day, and am being drawn to the Cielo for this reason partly.

Anybody got a Cielo? Which would you go for?

ratherbeintobago

They tested a Cielo in the mag a while ago and really liked it.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’m a sucker for ti.

adsh
    Free Member

Or the new Ritchey P29 with tapered HT and conventional vertical dropouts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lynskey or Cielo?’ is closed to new replies.