Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lynskey failure improvement?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

What’s the current failure rate?
    Looking at a 2015 Ridgeline 29 VF.
    Any reviews?
    Thanks,
    Max

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Anybody?

haggis1978

I’d be keen to know as well. Like the look of the Kona Explosif myself. I believe a lot failed at the dropouts and the seat tube/top tube weld. All Lynskey built frames now seem to come with that short section built into the seattube at the top tube join now to strengthen it plus the dropouts have changed.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Fwiw I had mk1 Lynsey on one 456 for quite a few years. I never had and problems and it saw a bit of action. I have seen pics of some cracking around the top tube seat tube junction. Not sure what percentage failed. I phoned on one before I bought it (it was second hand) they said they had a few back but the thought was they had been hammered on real rough stuff with 6″ forks on. It wasn’t designed as a dh bike.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

The Ridgeline looks pretty nice with bolt through rear end so I would think it should be up to the task.
    They do an XL frame as well which is good for us tall folk!
    Thanks,
    Max

john_l
    Free Member

I’ve had two Ridgelines, both cracked at seat tube. Both warrantied no problem but wouldn’t buy another.

AlasdairMc

I know nothing of the warranty rate but I had a Lynskey welder do a repair on a non-Lynskey frame for me, and his work was top notch. Very nice work, and a nice chap.

Cysco Cycles if you fancy a custom frame instead…

wrecker
    Free Member

With a history of failures, shit support and refused warranties, why bother taking the risk?
    At that price, there is a huge amount of choice including custom build.

BadlyWiredDog

My experience was that with a bit of gentle e-mail nudging, the customer service and warranty repair on my Ragley Ti was broadly good. Clearly historically Lynskey frames have cracked – it’s hard to know what proportion as there are/were a lot out there – but they seem to honour the warranty okay. Unless others know different?

Bruce

For some context we have had quite a few frame failures with other Ti bikes. So far we have had crack develop in a Bontrager, an Airborne and a Litespeed road bike. All the companies involved dealt with warranty claims in an exemplary way.
    We do have two ti bike that have not cracked.
    But it’s not just Lynskey.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hmm,
    Shame,the Lynskey ticks a lot of boxes.
    Mite see if I can try a Kinesis Sync in a large before I make a decision.
    The other bike mite be a titanium Sherpa when they announce it!
    Thanks,
    Max

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lynskey failure improvement?’ is closed to new replies.