Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Lycra
  • Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I wear lycra short, – yes
    Sometimes I turn my bike over, sometimes I don’t -I usually do
    I have mudguards – yes (sometimes)
    Tubeless tyres are fine – yes but I have tubes at the moment
    I rarely wear a helmet – I wear one if I might fall off
    I have been known to ride a full suspension bike on the canal path – yes
    I’ve never ridden a trail centre – I do, it’s good fun
    I don’t much care how many fingers anybody uses to operate their brakes – I use two.

nick3216
    Free Member

sometimes Ii wear lycra. sometimes i wear baggies. sometimes Iw ear baggies over lycra. WTF

thomthumb
    Free Member

lycra is for those stuck up kind who like to imagine they are pro riders.

well that’s why i do it. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and the other point is that I have a scar running from the top of my arse to the back of my knee from a nasty crash that shredded some lycra, baggies would have helped there

aracer
    Free Member

Just to be contrary, I wear baggies far more often on a road bike than an MTB. That’s mainly because I take my kids places using a road bike – and I prefer not to go to Tumble Tots where I’m the only male over the age of 4 wearing lycra bike shorts!

Oh, but just to be even more contrary, I almost always wear baggies when riding the uni – for just messing around with some short liners, but for proper rides usually wearing lycra bibs underneath. Not really sure why, but I’ve got into the habit now, and it just feels right.

philjunior
    Free Member

Hmmm, I wear lycra, usually under baggies on my MTB or if I’m likely to be spending lots of time in a pub or something.

The main reason I ditch the baggies on the MTB is when the weather’s too rubbish and the baggies just get heavy and start falling down/catching on the saddle and stuff. I really don’t understand what the OP is getting at when he asks how lycra copes with mud/wet.

Then again I am part roadie I guess.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i wear baggies on xc bike so as not to upset folk at the sight of my knob bulge, and to give me an ipod pcket.

anyoneelse have serious issues with saggy wet short/saddle interface?

soon as it starts raining my shorts start getting snag tastic! **** dangerous!

jimification
    Free Member

Yep, crotch snag is the biggest issue with baggies. I don’t know if he can be held directly responsible but I seem to remember shorts crotches being significantly higher before this man came along…

LapSteel
    Free Member

I wear lycra bib shorts as they’re comfy…sometimes I wear shorts over the top. On the road bike lycra is great in the wet
    White lycra is all wrong however…..

tracknicko
    Free Member

white lycra is wrong. as is yellow worn out lycra, and pink lycra.

any of these in the wet are exponentially worse.

lycra shorts should always be black, and a i salute teams with non colour-matched kit that let their lads have black shorts!!!

SaxonRider

Sometimes I wear lycra over baggies.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what is really wrong is team issue/replica lycra on fat middle aged people, your not benefiting from the aerodynamics……

tracknicko
    Free Member

replica kit is odd in general.

why would i want to ride in sky kit? i don’t get it.

especially at that price!!!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Lycra on the road bike, and as extra layers in the winter on the MTB.
    Baggies (but not too baggy) on the mtb for abrasion resistance when the inevitable fall happens, and for putting things in pockets.
    Jeans for commuting, with a trouser clip round my ankle. Unless I’m on the belt-drive bike when there’s no risk of an oil-stain.
    I wear what I find comfortable for the situation and don’t give a flying fig what anyone else thinks.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Lycra’ is closed to new replies.