• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lycra content: Lightweight jersey?
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I’m finding my Rapha Classic jerseys too warm for hilly riding in the summer.

I know Rapha do lightweight jerseys and climber’s jerseys, but what else should I consider before I pull the trigger on one of those?

nicks
    Free Member
    fifeandy
    Free Member

Move to Scotland. House prices are cheaper than a Rapha jersey and its too cold to need a short sleeve top 11 months of the year anyway.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Morvelo super light ?

Thanks – I quite like some of those designs.

Move to Scotland

Mate I’d love to. But I cannot live in the same country as white pudding.

edhornby

prendas have some team issue climber jerseys, the castelli ones are supposed to be really nice

davosaurusrex

I got a Solo jersey off Sport pursuit recently and it’s a really nice fit and seems well made. Well pleased at £30 delivered

bigrich
    pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

The Rapha super lightweight is nice, and I especially like the blue/white ombré. I wouldn’t say it’s that much lighter than other decent synthetic jerseys though, but of course much cooler than Sportwool. If you want a really cool jersey then the pro team climbers jersey is the one. If it’s mostly just something a bit lighter than Merino for UK summers then it’s worth looking at their Core range if you want something a bit cheaper and more understated.

I also really like the Café du Cycliste Fleurette, which is designed for hot weather. If you want something high end, but a bit different to the ubiquitous Castelli try looking at brands like Isadore Apparel, Cafe du Cycliste, Void, Twin Six or Attaquer. Also worth a look at some of these shops:

weareomnium.cc
    alwaysriding.co.uk
    victorandliberty.com
    girocycles.com
    thevelohouse.com

nathb
    Free Member

I’m finding exactly the same!

I’ve switched to Castelli stuff, the entrata 2 is very breathable.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Castelli-Entrata-FZ-Short-Sleeve-Cycling-Jersey-SS15_70718.htm

However the ultimate jersey I’ve got for breath-ability is the Castelli climbers jersey.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Cycle-Jersey-Castelli-RRP-80-Brand-new-in-packet-/182149395534?var=&hash=item2a68f3344e:m:mbH0SZk5RhAywjSmnWg85Xw

I bought one from that supplier and was surprised to find it was actually genuine. 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Aldi, or just not the right image?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Some good suggestions there. Will have a look at all those. Thanks all 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Mate I’d love to. But I cannot live in the same country as white pudding.

Racist.

Anyway, I live in scotland and use a rapha lightweight jersey fairly regularly for about 4 months of the year, its a nice bit of kit but on mine the band at the top of the pockets was a bit fragile.

Quality of their clothing is generally a bit crap, but I didn’t know they did a lightweight jersey.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Racist.

**** bitch.

😀

Thanks for the comments on the Rapha lightweight jersey. Going to Manchester tomorrow to try one in the flesh

fifeandy
    Free Member

Castelli Entrata is a good call. I’ve got one, and it looks like it’ll be perfect for what you want, but didnt like to suggest since i’ll not get to wear it to confirm for a couple of months yet (See Scotland comment above 😀 ).

stumpy01

I got one of those Belkin jerseys when they were doing the shorts megacheap (that hardly anyone – me included – actually ended up receiving).
    It’s branded Santini I think, and is very lightweight; a great summer jersey & it’s got a full length zip.

iainc

i got one of these tenn ones last week and pretty impressed with it. lots of mesh on the back and very light :

tenn pro

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lycra content: Lightweight jersey?’ is closed to new replies.