Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LVT flooring
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

Anyone got it or know anything about it? Is it worth more than twice the price of a similar laminate flooring?

sig123
    Free Member

Yes have it all over the down stairs and we love it, Im a tradesman so fitting is fairly easy , only tip is preparation, What make are you having ?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’d never heard of till last week! My local shop was pushing it hard and it does look good. It’ll be Parador brown boxwood most likely but it’s around £35/m when laminate can be had for around £15 – but not in the style I like.

sig123
    Free Member

Have a look at Amtico ,Karndean, Tarkett and theres a few others about as well. shop around even ebay there a people selling large amounts, Think i paid about £17.50sqm, if you need someone to fit it for you they arnt cheap.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Yes, been quoted £600 to do the whole house (3 bed).

TheFlyingOx

Yeah, fitting costs seem to be the problem. I got enough for ~23m² for about £600, but the quote to fit was around 3x that amount. Ended up doing it myself. Plenty of vids on YouTube showing how. As above, proper preparation of the floor is key to getting it right.

Excellent stuff though. We’re doing house renovations and we’re having it throughout the ground floor.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Oh right, well mines only a small house, I think it’s 78sq/m and the fitting cost for that was £600. The flooring itself with underlay etc will be about £2.5k which compares well with decent carpet.

sig123
    Free Member

UNDERLAY!!!!!! Stop and have a re think sounds like your talking about the click stuff don’t bother you want the glue down product.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Why?

sig123
    Free Member

Because most of them are shite, just my opinion .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘LVT flooring’ is closed to new replies.