Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LUU LED Lighting
  • grunty
    Free Member

Does anyone have any thoughts on this Light from Planet X? I was looking at the 4Cell Li-ion pack (£175).

I was also looking at the Hope Vision Led 2 Epic (£205 from wiggl et al).

The Hope has a shorter run time with less light output. Was wondering what peoples thoughts are.

Thanks

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have search on the forum – IIRC there was a thread or two on these

robgarrioch

There's been a couple on the LUU's Grunty, eg. this and, perhaps more importantly, this.
    I got a set a couple of weeks ago, but will only be trying them out tomorrow night. Testing in pitch dark while walking, they seem fairly bright (but don't set the hills aflame!), & construction seems good quality. You don't get a 'carry-bag' though, just a velcro strap to tie on the battery, which seems a little lacking. Will try & post up my riding impressions after tomorrow…
    A lot seems to ride on what you need vs. expectations; being my first set of lights it looks ok so far.

dlr

Hi Grunty, I have one of the 4 cell packs although without the narrow filter or helmet mount, only used a few times, looking to sell it as a friend has offered me a Lupine for a good price which I cant refuse. Looking for £135 posted. If you are interested or want photos drop me an email to darren AT visagti.com cheers. The velco strap holds it very securely under the top tube on my Zesty btw although I prefered it helmet mounted which I did using some velcro cable ties which I can chuck in.

mudshark
    Free Member

I have one and am happy for the money.

Can someone let me know how to use the helmet mount?!

robgarrioch

Mudshark – found the arrangement below to be tight, whether or not it's the right way?! The large loop encircles a helmet 'rib' ("for her pleasure…") & strap won't loosen unless the outer plastic tab is moved.

mudshark
    Free Member

Thanks for the pic; I'll give it a go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘LUU LED Lighting’ is closed to new replies.