Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LUST/UST tyres for Stans Flow
  • SBrock
    Free Member

I have been using standard High Rollers Single Ply wire bead 2.35 on flow rims tubeless, however the sidewalls are starting to fray and the weave is starting to show through.

Can I run any UST tyre on them? Will specific UST tyres of Flow rims be easier to set up tubeless?

Any good deals anyway on LUST/UST tyres

Thanks in advance

devs
    Free Member

I have found single ply tyres to do the same but I haven’t had one fail yet as a consequence *crosses fingers*
    Any UST tyre will work and be a lot easier to inflate. I’m using LUST Highrollers mostly.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Maxxis LUST have been faultless for me on Flows.
    So far I’ve run

Rear:
    Advantage, Larsen TT and Crossmark LUSTs, plus Halo Choirmaster UST.

Front:
    Only ever used single ply supertacky Minions. No desire to try anything else 🙂

All have inflated perfectly with only a trackpump.

geetee1972
    Free Member

UST tyres will work just fine, but they will cost you twice as much as non UST tyres so I’m not sure what the advantage would be?

Have you seen how much a UST High Roller costs these days? It’s about £50!

On a slightly different but related theme, I’ve just spent a week in the Alps with a non UST High Roller inflated tubeless on a UST rim with sealant. Admitedly it was a dual ply tyre which probably helped keep the tyre sealed, but I can’t see why single ply tyres wouldn’t also work tubeless on UST rims.

SBrock
    Free Member

had no problem with my high rollers single ply, but as I said the sidewalls are starting to fray and I have ripped one on a crash on cutgate path.

just trying to see my options,

geetee1972
    Free Member

I hear you – Cutgate living up to it’s name I guess 😀

In my experience, I’ve not found UST tyres to be any more robust than non-UST tyres in terms of their sidewalls or indeed pinch flat resistance, which you can still get with tubeless set ups.

Given how much cheaper non UST tyres are, I think they make more sense all round.

If you are having continuous problems with tyres being too fragile, then your best option is to run a dual ply tyre.

Personally, given my weight and riding style, I wouldn’t venture out into the Peak without a dual ply tyre on the rear. I’d chance a single ply on the front though, but without the security of a DH tyre on the back, I can’t ride as I would like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘LUST/UST tyres for Stans Flow’ is closed to new replies.