Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LUST Tyre repairs
  • zelak999
    Free Member

What’s the best way to repair a tubeless tyre?
    I managed to get a 10mm slit in my Maxxis LUST High Roller on Sunday.
    Bit gutted the hole wouldnt seal but at least I had a tube with me.
    Any advice please?

stratman
    Free Member

I got a smaller split in a crossmark lust. I just stuck a self adhesive patch on the inside and blew it up. Still leaked a bit so I added a bit more sealant and span the wheel -it’s been fine ever since ( a few months). No idea if its the right way to do it though

RobHilton
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-a-tubeless-puncture-kit#post-4852421

The fix I made has worked so far, but yet to try anything adventurous. 10mm is pretty big, but the sticky pipe-cleaner things might do it.

carlos
    Free Member

Could you sew it up with dental floss, just as if i were a non-ust tyre, put a patch on the inside and add a little more sealant than normal?

wolly
    Free Member

What Carlos said

d45yth
    Free Member

Patch it from the inside mate…any of the other suggestions might work but will come back to bite you at a later date.

Jason
    Free Member

I also just stick a normal inner tube patch to the inside of the tyre, I normally rough the tyre up with some sandpaper first. If it is a big hole than maybe use a small patch first and then put a larger one over the top. It has always worked well for me.

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

RobHilton
    Free Member

d45yth – Member

Patch it from the inside mate…any of the other suggestions might work but will come back to bite you at a later date.

Well my repair lasted a 10 min ride 🙂 Patch it is…

Kahurangi

I’ve tried a couple of the tubeless repair kits for fixing tyres in the field.

The weldtite one is great. 6 uses, no failures.
    The Panaracer one is pants. 5 uses, 3 failures.

For a hole that size, and given that you’ve already put a tube in (so lost your sealant) I’d put a patch form the inside. I’ve temporarily fixed a sidewall gash with an inner tube patch. You could also try something heftier like a tyre boot.

You would probably also want to use some thread/floss to keep the hole closed and stop the tyre from bulging where it is damaged. If it bulges, it’s going to take more abrasion form rocks, snag on edges and be more likely to get gashed again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘LUST Tyre repairs’ is closed to new replies.