Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lush but hitherto unknown: Skyne bikes?
  • willej

Just been drooling over this modern take on an old school Columbus-tubed XC bike, featured in the Roc d’Azur show coverage:

I can’t find anything about Skyne bikes on the web, nothing except these pictures. Anyone know anything about them?

sandwicheater

Remind me of a pair of shorts I used to own.

I have been of no help, sorry.

jameso

‘Skyde’ will find them.

willej

Ah well done. Typo in the article sending be on a wild goose chase!

Skyde bikes

No mention of that steel beauty though…

RustySpanner

I like that.

Funny, the steel bike thing.
    Perhaps if all the people who froth about them now had bought them at the time, we might have had a few more years of production before the manufacturers changed to cheaper to produce aluminium.

jamj1974

Always loved steel and always owned a steel bike!

grum
    Free Member

Each to their own…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Funny, the steel bike thing.
    Perhaps if all the people who froth about them now had bought them at the time, we might have had a few more years of production before the manufacturers changed to cheaper to produce aluminium

isnt some of the retro/steel appeal about buying now what we desired but couldnt afford then? I upgraded from a 456 to a Dialled Alpine in part due to the “853” tubing/sticker, when I got into riding 853 was as aspirational as Ti is now so it has a lot of cache and wish fulfillment for me.

And any design/material that is in a minority and leads to a different look is going to be interesting- now that fat swoopy ally and carbon fibre is the norm, skinny and straight looks novel.

The Skyne looks like an old Rocky Mountain with a nasty rattle can spray job to me.

willej

The Skyne looks like an old Rocky Mountain with a nasty rattle can spray job to me.

I think that’s what I like about it! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Very Hot Tuna, Gotcha or Ocean Pacific of a certain vintage.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@CF – still a big part of my wardrobe & wearing well (the clothes, not me!).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lush but hitherto unknown: Skyne bikes?’ is closed to new replies.