Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lumicycle Batteries. Is mine buggered?
  • binners

I suspect so. I left the battery charging overnight last night. It was fully charged. I flicked the lights on tonight and…. all of a sudden…. nothing happened!

Dead as a dodo. So… how can i tell if my battery is ****. It was ok a couple of nights ago. And the bulbs seem fine. Do they die that quickly?

Any advice/experiences appreciated oh wise ones. Its £90 for a new’un! Eek!

Mackem

Same happened to mine, got a new one for half the price from smudge on STW.

http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/

Which reminds me, I never said thanks for the quick delivery, so if you look at this smudge, cheers.

binners

Cheers for the link Mackem. That seems like a more realistic price. I think i can assume its an ex-battery

smudge
    Free Member

Thanks Mackem, glad I could help out.

Please email me direct with the problem Binners, not sure what ex-battery means? but these are assembled brand new and tested by me before shipping.

PS. before hand I would suggest you ring Lumicycle up to see if they can help you out if its still or not long out of guarantee?

coatesy
    Free Member

Sounds as if Smudge hasn’t seen Monty Python’s “Dead parrot” sketch.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What type of battery is it? I have the Li-ion battery and blew the internal safety fuse, sent it back to Lumicycle and they replaced the fuse?

would be worth checking with them first.

stumpy01

Sounds stupid but are you sure the cable was fully home?

In my tired bedraggled state at the D2D a couple of years ago my lights (Lumi’s) went off suddenly. I was convinced the battery must have died and had to make do with an emergency back-up for the rest of the lap.

When I had a proper look back at the tent, the cable had marginally come away from the connector and had broken the connection! I’d wrapped the excess cable once around my headtube, but it was too tight so had been slowly pulling the connector from the light unit.

I’d contact Lumi first. They converted my battery from bag to bottle and were very helpful.

binners

Thanks very much for the replies all. As helpful as ever.

Stumpy – I’m running two lights a 12w spot and a 20w flood. They both went. Which would suggest the power source. Though I have to confess I’ve done that before myself.

I’m going to get in touch with Lumi and see what they have to say.

Smudge – I’ll probably give you a shout soon anyway for a replacement battery. This one, to be fair to Lumi, has seen a lot of action over a number of years and is getting a bit tired

Thanks again everyone

And for the ex-battery reference Smudge – Enjoy:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE[/video]

😀

binners

Just as an update: Seems B.A.Nana, that I’ve had the same problem as you. According to the very helpful guys at Lumicycle anyway. So the battery is winging its way back to them for a repair and upgrade.

Thanks very much for the advice folks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lumicycle Batteries. Is mine buggered?’ is closed to new replies.