• This topic has 49 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Lucy (The Movie)
  • tyrionl1
    Free Member

Watch it.

Besson at his best.

/thread

njee20
    Free Member

Bit meh I though to be honest. Ok, but no better.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm, tried last night but it’s a bit gory at the start and it kinda put me off, that and the first part of the subject matter. I will watch it though as it did look really good.

No spoilers eh.. Ta.

kudos100
    Free Member

Have you not seen Leon?

Lucy is shite in comparison. Style over substance. 6/10, and that is being generous.

johnners
    Free Member

Besson at his best

You haven’t seen Subway, Nikita, Leon or The Fifth Element then?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Disappointed by it. Still watchable though. No Fifth Element for sure.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Distinctly French, rather enjoyable.

Enjoy with a stinky Camembert, some crusty stick and a bottle of red.

Perhaps drink half the Red first.

You’ll never look at a USB stick in quite the same way….

PS – If you hate it because “it’s all flashy and silly and noisy” but you still want to watch Johansson, try Under The Skin.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I LOVE the first 2 Taxi films. Try the 1st with subs, and the second dubbed.

unklehomered
    Free Member

OK, ‘m a huge Besson fan boy, massive…

But Lucy with utter bollocks, outside the obligatory crashing french police cars it was self indulgent tosh, and then at the end he went full Kubrik 2001 Wannabee. you don’t ever go FULL 2001…

seosamh77
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    try Under The Skin.

worst film i’ve ever seen.

iolo
    Free Member

The ending? Wtf.

mashiehood
    Free Member

very average if im honest, lost the plot half way through and the ending was plain stupid!

TheBrick
    Free Member

OK the professor character was badly written imo and was the biggest spoiler.

nickc

Under The Skin.

eerie and fascinating. captivating film

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Yes I’ve seen them and I still enjoyed this one wish there were more agreed the ending was a let down, but it’s still worth a watch for those of us with lower cerebal functionality..

Kuco

Found Lucy to be a bit disappointing. Much prefer his older work.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Sorry I thought it was utter pants, Leon or the 5th Element are so much better.

T1000
    Free Member

id recommend watching Besson’s the Big Blue

It still looks glorious

Pigface
    Free Member

I liked it, bonkers and made no sense but a lot more watchable than Jupiter Ascending which I endured last night.

prettygreenparrot

Very enjoyable. Nicely done. Though a bit too much nonsensical pseudo-science to make it great. Subway.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

watched it last night. Was ok, nothing special.

I much preferred Seven Physcopaths which I only just watched last week despite it being a 2012 release. I’m not particularly a fan of Colin Farrell or Woody Harrelson but it was much more enjoyable, funny and clever too.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

funny cos I thought 7 Psychopaths was the worst thing the director (or his brother) have made. The Guard and In Bruges far better.

Seem to remember loving Subway back in the day but not sure if it’s rose tinted glasses….

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Atrocious – drugs that defy gravity – thats where they lost me

Russell96

Thought it was the typical car chase scene, but his best had to be one of his more early films back in 1998 Taxi (not the 2004 re-make thou) with the fastest Pug 406 you’ll ever see.

rOcKeTdOg

Saw it at the cinema, thought it was awful, like they ran out of ideas before the end.

piemonster

I know Lucy, she’s lovely.

Well recommended….. Oh wait have I…….**vanishes into another dimension**

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I watched Coraline instead 🙂

tillydog
    Free Member

I thought the first 7/8ths was really good. The last 1/8th was just shite, though.

nairnster
    Free Member

If only the film was more than 10% good.

All of the best parts were in the trailer.

DrJ

ScaJo gets her kit off. Works for me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I thought as a concept it had potential. But upon watching, it appeared that they had a good idea for a film, got about 1/3rd in and then just couldn’t be arsed. Rubbish

BobaFatt
    Free Member

It was utter baws, but sometimes utter baws is exactly what you need

One thing I’ll say for it, the pace never really let up and I was never really bored.

Boyhood on the other hand, now that is a bit pile of shite. Nothing happens other than clunky cultural references to show the passing of time.

Sometimes mindless violence and nonsense plot lines are just what you need (see 7 Fast and the Furious films)

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Actually seen it twice. Nice visuals, not just Ms Johansson. It’s OK as long as you are not expecting cerebral stimulation.
    Agree about Jupiter Ascending too. Rubbish.

Must watch Leon again, and a follow up of Ronin.

The Big Blue is one of my favourite films, and my introduction to Besson.

DezB
    Free Member

iolo
    The ending? Wtf.

This. Until the ending it’s pretty good. Even my 12 year old said it was a complete anti-climax. He used much better words than that, but I can’t remember what it was he said!

bros
    Free Member

It was awful.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

bros – Member
    It was awful.

As a person struggling to understand the psychological make up of the group contained herein and how it differs to my own, pray tell, what kind of movie do you regard as ‘good’ or even better than that?

I suspect there have been many ‘movie’ threads, but please, humour me and anyone else for that matter who didn’t find this movie at least in it’s early stages, quite spell binding what is the definitive STWflick?

I’m guessing Hangover 1 doesn’t cut it either.

footflaps

I thought the first 7/8ths was really good. The last 1/8th was just shite, though.

Yep, ending was terrible, deleted the film after watching it.

DezB
    Free Member

Did you like the ending tyrionl1?

For some, a poor ending can ruin a whole film (eg. for me Heat and Silence of the Lambs)
    Lucy’s ending was dire, but I thought the preceeding 70odd mins were great.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I like Hangover 1. Pretty sure STWs face film is Point Break, which I’ve not seen!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Lucy (The Movie)’ is closed to new replies.