• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by WBC.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • lube recommendations
  • davidrussell
    Free Member

general chain duties on mtb and alfine commuter bike. has to taste good too…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Putoline chain wax for motorcycles. messy and a faff and the best / longest lasting lube I have used. chain life massivly extended, lubed every few hundred miles not every few miles

CheesybeanZ

used the bike hut wet lube this winter half the price of finnish line and does the same job .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

I've tried a few different lubes/waxes over the last year and keep comign back to Joe's No Flats wet lube.

Seems to last well and doesn't attract dirt like Finish Line wet (for example).

Quite tasty spread on hot buttered toast too (probably).

grimey
    Free Member

Squirt.

Tried it for the first time last year. FAR better than anything I've ever used in the dry and fairs pretty well in the wet too. Never needs degreasing just brush off any dirt that does get on there and relube. No faff, very pleased with it.

Not cheap, but good.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I'm using purple extreme and find it really good…stays on and very clean

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I've found the Bike Hut lubes less effective than the FL equivalents, example the BH dry lube isn't as liquid as the FL equivalent, and doesn't go on as well.
    After a year or two off FL, I've recently gone back to it.

sv

Free sample of squirt by visiting the in2dust website and requesting one. I am about to degrease and give it a go.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I'm using Shimano stuff at mo seems really good IMHO

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

GT85

WBC

I second the Squirt recommendation. Initial slight faff degreasing the chain etc but once you are up and running it works so well. No gunky mess, wash chain clean post ride, reapply- job's a goodun'. I used the free sample given out before the TransWales last year and have stuck with it as I was impressed.

swampi
    Free Member

i have used squirt for a week or so on my commuting bike,it works fine but it was a wet week and my chain links started to rust as this doesnt leave an oil film to prevent corrosion, seems good other than that,well going to use it on my other bikes to see how it fairs

BigJohn

3 in 1 – Honest! I'm really pleased with it.

WBC

Although I am a Squirt user on my MTB's, i use bog standard Asda 3 in 1 on the commuter and it does the trick.

Horses for courses and all that…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘lube recommendations’ is closed to new replies.