Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Low/Fallen arches
  • astura
    Free Member

I have incredible pain when running or riding and snowboarding and the docs have told me that i have really low/fallen arches. I can only last a few minutes with snowboarding in particular as they start to kill.

About 2 years ago i sent to snow and rock and had some custom insoles moulded to my snow boot thing and that helped a bit not fully but it was a lot better (cost me 80quid), so i chopped and changed the insoles into all my shoes and even though the pain never fully went it was a lot better. Im now at the point where those insoles are knackered, and im wondering if i need to spend that amount again as there are a lot of alternative insoles out there.

Can anyone with the same problem as me recommend some insoles, it would be great if i could get something a bit cheaper and have more insoles for all my shoes?

stuey
    Free Member

Try some ‘slimflex simple’ in hard – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slimflex-Simple-Length-Insoles-Density/dp/B00B5ZRTTY/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492452291&sr=8-2&keywords=slimflex+simple

– they were recommended tome by two surgeons – over the more expensive alternatives

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Try stretching your calves and hamstrings.

astura
    Free Member

I need to do the exercises more for definete.

Would those slimfex simple move much in a shoe? (Running)

me1tdown
    Free Member

Book in to see a NHS podiatrist and a physio. They may be able to offer you insoles (for free, make a note of what they are and buy extra) and suggest foot and glute strengthening exercises. Take your running shoes with you.

I wear insoles like (or possibly identical) to the simflex ones above in every pair of shoes I wear, apart from running shoes. It’s a pain as they don’t fit well in some types of shoes, but I never have a problem with them moving about.

andybrad

Same here, just had some bike insoles from a chap in Ripponden that have helped. However I’ve noticed its a lot better after fitting superfeet carbon to my everyday shoes as well.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

For what it’s worth…

I suffered and got high instep insoles and wore them for years. Then i read a daft book about bare foot running that sent me off on that fad. I bought a pair of ‘minimalist’ shoes, walked around barefoot at home, and I chucked the insoles out and… blow me but I’ve not had any problems since.

I didn’t get much else out of the barefoot thing but my arches are no problem now. I suspect it was years of wearing super supportive boots for work. After all, arches are meant to be strong structures in engineering, but my lovely supportive boots continually supported them them and i suspect left them weak and prone to falling.

Probably all b*ll*cks but you have my sympathies.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Low/Fallen arches’ is closed to new replies.