Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Low stack headset for Cove Handjob
  • websterneil
    Free Member

Assembled experts can any of you help me, I need the lowest possible stack height headset for my cove handjob as the forks I have have a very short headtube. Can anyone give me some suggestions and dimensions? I will also need a low stack stem to match! all help appreciated

Cheers

Neil

nuke

Crank Bros headset at 21mm stack, FSA stem at 35mm stack

websterneil
    Free Member

Thanks Nuke, which FSA stem is 35mm?

nuke

FSA stem is 35mm?

Quite a few of them so I wasn't going to be too specific…get over to CRC and they say on some of the models e.g. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12715

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I've just swapped a Race Face Diabolous for a Crank Brothers Opium C, Crank brothers is tiny! I couldn't find smaller that would fit a 'normal' frame.

bobbyspangles

2nd the crank bros-just fitted it to my intense 5.5 and it has saved the day with my fork steerer being too short

Algore
    Free Member

Try a Truvativ stem. Great quality and low stack. 🙂

craig1975
    Free Member

Crank Brothers headset have the lowest stack around 21mm, I run a 1.5 sage on my Intense Tracer but it seized after only 6 months, the bearings in the lower cup are corroded and the lower cup has pitted, looks like ill be sending it back under warranty and do without my full suss for god nows how long… I know we have to service our bearings from time to time but i'd have thought they would have lasted longer than that.. I've had a hope headset for nearly 3 years never let me down and still going strong

naokfreek
    Free Member

Sunline V one AM stem has one of the lowest stack heights going, am in the same boat as it goes so the CB directset is also required… Westbrook Cycles are doing them for £45 BTW

websterneil
    Free Member

Looks like its crank brothers then even if they are a bit dodgy craig

thanks everyone

nuke

Personally I'm not confident of my CB headset lasting but at least it does come with a 5 year warranty and 2Pure are excellent to deal with.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Yep, that sold it for me….

craig1975
    Free Member

I think I just expected a bit more out of £90 headset…

naokfreek
    Free Member

Well yea, you would, but when they are £45 it's a little easier.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Low stack headset for Cove Handjob’ is closed to new replies.