Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Low loader driven into my car :(
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Got a knock on the door just now, apparently a low loader driver hit my car and went into the local club to see if anyone there owned it. He described it as a “shove” apparently, and AFAIK didn’t leave any details.

Someone I know was in the club, went to have a look and then got me. Theres a 10cm x10cm hole in the rear quarter and some damage to the light cluster. Looking at the back, the boot is now out of alignment I think.

Some questions…

1) Do I ring the police non emergency? Is that normal?
    2) Is it OK to drive? There are no protruding bits of metal but still, child’s face and all that.

Excuse my ignorance but not really had to do this before and STW is better than Google!

RoterStern
    Free Member

If the low loader driver has left then definitely call the police as he’s commited a crime by leaving the scene of the accident.

CountZero

Leaving the scene of an accident is illegal. See if the club CCTV has got anything to identity the driver.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I don’t have any bombers, would Pikes do?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Leaving the scene of an accident is not illegal in those circumstances. Did anyone get any details of the company that the person was driving for?

nealglover
    Free Member

Leaving the scene of an accident is not illegal in those circumstances

He didn’t leave his details on the car, or with anyone to pass on to the owner.

How is that not Illegal?

A further offence will be his (presumed) failure to report it to the police.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

The driver stopped and unsuccessfully tried to find the owner of the car. There is no legal obligation to carry anything in the truck to facilitate leaving a note, so they can’t be expected to leave a note. They still have time to report the incident to the police.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Aye, fair enough, the Police said the same thing that they have 24Hrs to report.

Rang insurance, any suggestions on using a repairer of my choice or theirs? Guess if I go to a main dealer it might be a write off!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Nice of the guy to leave no details. At least he tried but then shot off.

Why should O.P. have to pay the excess and higher premiums?

Definately report it to the police to cover yourself.

Try to find the reg of the other car?

crankboy
    Free Member

leaving the scene is sort of illegal if any one asked for his details and he does not have 24 hours to report it to the police he must do that as soon as is reasonably practical and in any event within 24 hours.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Low loader driven into my car :(’ is closed to new replies.