Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • loving the new blue!
  • jedi

at glentress, the final descents are flowy as hell 🙂 busy there today. think i saw simon ralli 🙂

Northwind

Had the ice gone then? Yesterday it was more slidy than flowy :mrgreen:

jedi

i thought it was grippy as hell yesterday and today!
    the guy in full dh gear who asked if he could go infront as he didnt want to be held up by me at the blue at the carpark got a shock 🙂

crazy-legs

the guy in full dh gear who asked if he could go infront as he didnt want to be held up by me at the blue at the carpark got a shock

PMSL!
    That Blue route rocks, it just tempts you into going faster and faster. 🙂

myheadsashed

Was it Pat Riot? 😀

jedi

lol those were the days eh 🙂

singlespeedstu

Was it The Swede?

Did he offer you any cornering tips. 😉

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I relly like that section of Blue as-well. fast and fun!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Nah I was in the fod watching wok boy spu his ring half way up a climb but I didn't tell you that. oh and jedi. Hope your mastered what foot goes where now. I'll pop up and show you soon 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The old Falla Brae descent ie the red/black is still better. Great way to finish a ride.

nodrog2
    Free Member

The blue at GT is loads of fun :-). Not seen Simon Ralli in ages!

Rockplough
    Free Member

I assume it's Good Game you're talking about? It's a cracking end to any day out.

Northwind

Good Game is great, I remember mincing it the first time I rode at GT, on my old Carrera Kraken with 560mm bars… It's not many trails can work so well for inexperienced riders yet still be a blast for experienced riders. Shame it's a choice between that and falla brae really.

jedi

yeah thats the one, good game

Kit
    Free Member

Shame it's a choice between that and falla brae really

🙁 I know. I still prefer Falla Brae though I think. The blue bit before there though from the car park is probably the best bit of trail at GT 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Broon Toot is the best bit of trail at GT easily.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Betty Blue is pretty good too, especially if you know where to go after it 😉

lyons
    Free Member

So the blues are actually good? I have never ridden one as i just assumed they would be wide easy and boring. I'm more than happy to discover otherwise though…

jimmy

Falla Brae just puts a smile on my chops to finish any ride at GT. linking in from the Blue from Buzzard's Nest just made things even better.

crazy-legs

So the blues are actually good?

The Blue routes at Glentress have been really well designed. Any idiot can pootle down them without coming to grief, there's no massive drops or rocks etc.
    However for experienced riders you can really let rip on them, it flows so well and all those tiny little lumps and kicks that won't affect the newbies become little flowy jumps and pumps all linking together. It's kind of like a narrow version of Spooky Wood in places.

lyons
    Free Member

cool that sounds fun, what about at other trail centres?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I do love a well made blue run.

Brechfa's is ace for just seeing how much you can stay off the brakes – starts getting silly when you start landing on the upslope of the next roller even though you're actually trying to suck up the kick of the crest, not jump off it.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I rode the blue a while ago with my 6yr old son on the back of a tagalong bike.

He had enjoyed himself untill at the top i informed him to hold on tight and try to copy when i stood up or lent over. He realised what i was going on about when we shot off at machIII down the blue 🙂 Stopped half way down to give his arms a rest and to see if he was ok. He was grinning like a cheshire cat. Have you ever seen a tagalong and the lead bike getting air before? The berms etc are great fun.

metalheart
    Free Member

Yup Tony, its nice.
    I found the tricky corner though…
    😉

MartinGT
    Free Member

the guy in full dh gear who asked if he could go infront as he didnt want to be held up by me at the blue at the carpark got a shock

Hehe, its one reason why I hate Trail Centres. Numpties in full body armour etc who ride like miss daisy on weed.

All the gear and no idea

jedi

its not all the gear no idea at all. each to thier own but civility costs nothing

Kit
    Free Member

Tony – should have got a shirt made up with this on the back:

"UK Bike Skills – If you can catch me, your lesson's free"

😀

jedi

pmsl
    i am deffo not fast!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I would pay to watch that. Be like a scene from Benny Hill

MartinGT
    Free Member

Lyons, the blue at Whinlatter is VERY good 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

The blue at Kirroughtree is really good too.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

The blue at Whinlatter is very……slippy. The slightest dampness and i end up all over the place for some reason. Yes i accept i am crap but i am not as crap elsewhere

mafiafish
    Free Member

I've got a few gashes from Glentress Blue final descent on Saturday. "I hate these tyres(xdx s), they have no grip but I've been alright today…so far"
    5 seconds later I was sliding down the trail resulting in a slash across my palm and a scratched up leg but many lolz at the irony. Saw a few crashes comming down too.

lambo

Another one for blue at kirroughtree. Really fast and flowing.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘loving the new blue!’ is closed to new replies.