Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Love riding and my bike again! – sorry its rambling!
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

Well after rejoining mountain biking a couple of years ago with a CTW scheme bike and then a Cube Stereo. I have been mincing about round the East Midlands for a year building my confidence.

I have slowly been doubting my ability and my bike choice, convincing myself that I will die if I leave the comfort of the Pines and that I don’t need the trail bike I have purchased.

I finally did it and went to another trail centre other than the pines – Cannock.

I am very happy that I have successfully tackled all of the trail features and completed all of the red – FTD and Monkey without death or injury.

I thought I would have problems (technical features) with the new centre but my issue was fitness, wholly crap how many bloody hills and switch backs – yeah the Pines really is F.L.A.T!!! and my 30 mile loop to and from the pines really did not prepare me for this.

However after a pride bruising couple of walks up hills (lets say we can blame this on my chest cold) blowing it out of my arse!, I was rewarded with completing some of my Nemesis (wood, roots, drop off’s and jumps – pretty much everything but bridal paths).

As a result I finally got back to the cafe for a nice coffee and had time to reflect.

Was I scared – a bit
    Was it worth it – hell yeah
    Is my bike right for me – well it gave me the confidence to do all of the above – yeah
    Am I as fit as I thought I was – christ no!

NEXT Llandegla – see another post from me on this topic.

Cheers – Lee (aged 35 and 1/2)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good stuff, well done mate. Biking is ace 😀

tazzymtb

welcome to mountain biking, it’s just the best feeling in the world to have a good ride with good mates all other rubbish about gears/wheelsize etc..is just distraction from from the joy of mucking about in the woods 😀

ljs1977
    Free Member

Tazzy’s comment is probably the most sensible thing I have read regarding biking in a long while

gazman
    Free Member

Ljs, where abouts is the pines that you mention I’m working in Birmingham/Oldbury. At the moment and would like to give it a go? Thanks Gary

swingbing
    Free Member

Great to hear your enjoying your self. Went for a blast around Cannock today as well.

my issue was fitness, wholly crap how many bloody hills and switch backs

I remember thinking exactly that when I first went there a couple of years ago, gasping for breath by halfway up every hill! Keep at it and it’ll only get easier 🙂

ljs1977
    Free Member

Gazman – sherwood pines, notts

stanfree
    Free Member

Dont apologise for rambling , I started mountain biking regulary about 5 years ago and since started road riding and theres nothing better. Dosen’t matter If you can pin it at Fort Bill or just have fun with your mates on local XC routes as long as you go home in one piece and happy Its what Its all about .

If you can incorporate a pub along the way your on to a winner. 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Love riding and my bike again! – sorry its rambling!’ is closed to new replies.