Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Louis Walsh is a c-word
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I cannot believe that he put those talentless, nauseating little cocks through to the live finals.

He obviously wants to play with their bums in some way.

DS

Surfr
    Free Member

I can't agree more!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Yip – wife turned off X Factor after their first showing so I guess that's a plus (not that I have a, ahem, thumb print on my head)

TS

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mybike
    Free Member

Twins John and Edward

GW
    Free Member

MTFU – WTF are you doing watching that shit in the first place!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Haven't watched the X factor, don't know what the **** you're all are on about, but what I do know, is that the Chuckle Brothers are, indisputably, comic geniuses. And I won't have a bad word said against them.

For over 30 years those two funny guys have had me in stitches. Gawd bless'em 8)

allyharp

What GW says

Gary_C

To you….
    To me…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"Oh dear," "Oh dear oh dear," "Oh dear oh dear oh dear"

kinda666
    Free Member

GTDave
    Free Member

Resin42
    Free Member

That's horrific GT!

And yet I can't look away.

jon1973
    Free Member

GW

MTFU – WTF are you doing watching that shit in the first place!

What GW says

Me thinks you protest too much. Closet X-factor fans.

Yes, those 2 Irish lads are twunts.

However, I don't understand why people slag the show off. Although musical tastes differ, the majority of the people who get through to the live shows are pretty decent singers. Even if you don't like their music, I think it's fairly obvious that people like Leona Lewis are very talented vocally.

I'd rather watch something like X-Factor that celebrates talent than something like Big Brother that glorifies idleness and the pursuit of celebrity.

jam-bo

they may be **** but they are exactly the kind of **** that teenage girls will buy into.

see every other boyband going.

loius walsh isnt stupid…

trailmonkey

I'd rather watch something like X-Factor that celebrates talent

Could someone please alert me when some appears. I'd hardly call karaoke versions of Mariah Carey and Micheal Jackson talent. Part of our cultural identity and heritage is defined by our ability to innovate in the field of popular music. At one time, our exports in this market were second only to arms in the amount of revenue they generated for the economy. X Factor only helps to erode the quality of output and lowers the bar as to what young musicians figure they need to do to succeed. A bad idea all round.

Cheryl would get it mind.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'd rather watch something like X-Factor that celebrates talent than something like Big Brother that glorifies idleness and the pursuit of celebrity.

Isn't that a bit like one of those 'would you prefer to loose your hearing or eyesight' questions? 🙂

Criticising other peoples' work is the easiest job in the world. Bettering it isn't so easy.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well said Mike. I doubt any of the knockers can sing anyhwhere near as well……

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Could someone please alert me when some appears.

If you ever bother to watch it you may spot some decent performers and vocalists. Unfortunately (IMO) none of the stand-out acts have ever won it.

Last year there was that hippy chick girl who sounded like Kate Bush – lovely voice. This year there is also the teacher and that Welsh girl.

rkk01
    Free Member

Agree with M_F. Character gets edited out in favour of "commercial" appeal. Narks me that it is unremittingly "poppy". Any performances with a bit of "edge" to them are very few and far between…. makes it a very bland show

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It would be nice to see Jamie Afro win it, just for the character appeal. But his voice ain't that good (that I have heard so far).

If the twins win it, I will grate my face off.

kimbers

Im sure I heard on a comedy show somewhere the idea that if you watched x-factor/ big brother/ strictly then you have failed the national intelligence test and should be deported

thats a policy I'd vote for

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Funny old thing though isn't it? I detest Strictly Come Dancing and most of the other shows like that. But I do find that Britain's Got Talent and X-Factor have, well, the X factor. There is something about them which is enjoyable (if you circumnavigate the obvious back-stories – there is always someone on there for their dead dad/mum/sister/uncle or someone who has recovered from terminal death). There really are some people out there with talent and these shows give them an opportunity to do something that otherwise may pass them by.

People who liken X-Factor to Big Brother are missing the point.

trailmonkey

It would be nice to see Jamie Afro win it, just for the character appeal. But his voice ain't that good

Right, so he's not got a good voice but he should still win? Well done for proving the case for the prosecution.

TimP
    Free Member

I would suggest they are more like the double take than chuckle bros

What is particularly annoying about them is that they really believe they can win and take themselves so seriously. If they had a bit more of a sense of humour they might be easier to take.

Oh and I am only watching as a social experiment, and the Mrs is pregnant and it has affected her common sense/intelligence, not because I think it is good TV…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Right, so he's not got a good voice but he should still win? Well done for proving the case for the prosecution.

Any of us could list a multitude of successful singers/performers that are successful despite not having the best voices in the world – a good voice is only part of the requirement to be an entertainer.

trailmonkey

OK now we're getting somewhere. The reason that X Factor has it's detractors is because it's not about musical talent. You've even stated yourself, of the person you want to win

But his voice ain't that good

Every minute of airtime devoted to Leona Lewis/Alexandra Burke/Gareth Gates is one minute that doesn't get spent on someone who might have something worth listening to and might actually be deserving of the airtime. X Factor doesn't promote talent, it stifles it.

TimP
    Free Member

Before any of these shows, act like Chumbawumba, Timmy Mallet, Sinitta and Aqua have all graced the top of the charts, thus proving you never needed talent to make it

trailmonkey

quite and i think we'd all agree how awful they were. x factor just garuantees us more bilge.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I agree with trailmonkey – I heard one judge say about one of the acts, 'there's nothing like them in the country at the moment' (edit: and they were quite good, actually).

I'd disagree and say there were lots of acts like that trying to make it, by gigging, recording and generally being creative and getting their name out there.

I feel the programme and current struggling artists would benefit from them finding the true talent out there, and giving them a well-deserved hand in the industry. Instead we find irritating little fickwuts being propelled into stardom so the winning judge can get a Christmas No.1 out…

uplink
    Free Member

'scuse me if I have this wrong – as I've never really watched it – but isn't X-Factor about finding someone that has that – indefinable – 'X-Factor' rather than just a good singer?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – I am sorry but I am not following your argument in the slightest bit. Are you saying that bands/musicians are stopped from being successful because of X Factor? Surely here in Britain we have some of the best and most diverse new music around – it has been that way since the 1960s.

X Factor is a reflection and only a small facet of the whole industry. I do not think it ever intends to replace those bands, singers, musicians that create new and exciting sounds. It is simply another communication stream.

Cullen
    Free Member

Say what you like about those talentless Irish ****, I think I'm in love with that dizzy Essex girl. 🙂

trailmonkey

Are you saying that bands/musicians are stopped from being successful because of X Factor?

yes. less aitrime devoted to the worthy, less investment in the worthy.

Surely here in Britain we have some of the best and most diverse new music around

sorry, just not hearing it coming through right now. without john peel to champion it, real talent is struggling to be heard.

X Factor is a reflection and only a small facet of the whole industry

no it isn't, manufactured music represents a huge slice of the airtime and as a result, the market.

I do not think it ever intends to replace those bands, singers, musicians that create new and exciting sounds.

yes it does. there is a finite amount of money to be spent and a finite amount of airtime to be shared. cowell/walsh et al are only interested in cornering both.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

yes. less aitrime devoted to the worthy, less investment in the worthy.

Then you are listening to the wrong music outlets for your needs

sorry, just not hearing it coming through right now. without john peel to champion it, real talent is struggling to be heard.

Then you are listening to the wrong music outlets for your needs

To be honest – where do you hear all these acts taking over the airwaves? I don't recall the last time I heard an X Factor winner (Leona Lewis apart – and she deserves airplay as she has a great voice) being played on the radio or on any music channel.

And as for a finite time… now, in the age of multi-channel television, internet, digital radio etc, there are so many more opportunities to listen to whatever genre you wish to – be it X Factor or whatever.

EDIT – in fact the only place X Factor and the ilk get real coverage is the tabloids – a medium never known to champion music so hardly stealing attention from more 'worthy' alternatives. There are proper music magazines for that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'll join m_f in grating my face off if those Irish twins win it. They really were w4nkers of the highest order.

That saying, I really really really like the welsh girl…awww…those freckles!! I was swooning, and mrs deadly was beating me over the head.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Who ? The Schumacher Twins… that what I call them anyhow..

project
    Free Member

[i]derek_starship – Member
    I cannot believe that he put those talentless, nauseating little cocks through to the live finals.

He obviously wants to play with their bums in some way.

DS

Dear Derek, and why would he want to do that,

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Louis Walsh is a c-word’ is closed to new replies.